adamwoolhether

adamwoolhether

Powerful Command-Line Applications in Go: Exercise Solutions (many pages)

Is there any place where we can discuss the solutions to some of the exercises? I can figure most of them out, but am having trouble with Chapter 2, 2nd and third exercise.

It would be great to also compare my solutions to that of an expert’s…

Marked As Solved

rgerardi

rgerardi

Author of Powerful Command-Line Applications in Go

Hello @adamwoolhether ,

As per your suggestion I created a book club for the book. Let’s use it to share and discuss solutions to the exercises. I’ll post my solution to the exercise you mentioned to get it started.

Thanks @AstonJ and @Margaret for the help !

Thanks,
Ricardo

Also Liked

Margaret

Margaret

Editor at PragProg

@AstonJ what would you suggest for readers to discuss solutions to exercises in the book? A book club perhaps? How do we go about setting that up? The author, @rgerardi, agrees it is a good idea.

Margaret

Margaret

Editor at PragProg

@rgerardi would you feel comfortable with option 1, and if yes, do you want to set it up? That way it has your name associated with it from the start.

Margaret

rgerardi

rgerardi

Author of Powerful Command-Line Applications in Go

This is a great idea. Let me see if I can make this happen.

Thank you,
Ricardo

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

GilWright
Working through the steps (checking that the Info,plist matches exactly), run the demo game and what appears is grey but does not fill th...
New
simonpeter
When I try the command to create a pair of migration files I get an error. user=> (create-migration "guestbook") Execution error (Ill...
New
jeremyhuiskamp
Title: Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition, vB17.0 (p9) The create table guestbook syntax suggested doesn’t seem to be accepted ...
New
Chrichton
Dear Sophie. I tried to do the “Authorization” exercise and have two questions: When trying to plug in an email-service, I found the ...
New
jskubick
I’m under the impression that when the reader gets to page 136 (“View Data with the Database Inspector”), the code SHOULD be able to buil...
New
nicoatridge
Hi, I have just acquired Michael Fazio’s “Kotlin and Android Development” to learn about game programming for Android. I have a game in p...
New
oaklandgit
Hi, I completed chapter 6 but am getting the following error when running: thread 'main' panicked at 'Failed to load texture: IoError(O...
New
dsmith42
Hey there, I’m enjoying this book and have learned a few things alredayd. However, in Chapter 4 I believe we are meant to see the “>...
New
s2k
Hi all, currently I wonder how the Tailwind colours work (or don’t work). For example, in app/views/layouts/application.html.erb I have...
New
redconfetti
Docker-Machine became part of the Docker Toolbox, which was deprecated in 2020, long after Docker Desktop supported Docker Engine nativel...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New

Sub Categories: