keno.basedow

keno.basedow

Kotlin and Android Development featuring Jetpack: GameViewModel.players has no property value (version B4.0 page 89)

Hello Michael,

i think in version B4.0 on page 89 this line is not correct:

this.players.value = playersForNewGame

GameViewModel.players has no property value. May previously it had been a MutableLiveData.

I hope i am not annoying you be sent so many erratas in a row. I am working on it while reading the book. If i don’t send them at once i will forget about them.

Best regards

Keno Basedow

Marked As Solved

mfazio23

mfazio23

Author of Kotlin and Android Development featuring Jetpack

Keno,
You’re right on, it was a MutableLiveData object previously and I changed it but missed the snippet here.

And you’re not annoying at all, I’m legitimately excited to see that you’re working through it and that you’re sending along this great feedback. I want to make sure the book’s as good as possible and you taking the time to help ensure that is wonderful.

Fixes/updates for all three of your posts will be included in the next beta release. Thank you again!

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

telemachus
Python Testing With Pytest - Chapter 2, warnings for “unregistered custom marks” While running the smoke tests in Chapter 2, I get these...
New
yulkin
your book suggests to use Image.toByteData() to convert image to bytes, however I get the following error: "the getter ‘toByteData’ isn’t...
New
Alexandr
Hi everyone! There is an error on the page 71 in the book “Programming machine learning from coding to depp learning” P. Perrotta. You c...
New
AleksandrKudashkin
On the page xv there is an instruction to run bin/setup from the main folder. I downloaded the source code today (12/03/21) and can’t see...
New
swlaschin
The book has the same “Problem space/Solution space” diagram on page 18 as is on page 17. The correct Problem/Solution space diagrams ar...
New
nicoatridge
Hi, I have just acquired Michael Fazio’s “Kotlin and Android Development” to learn about game programming for Android. I have a game in p...
New
New
AufHe
I’m a newbie to Rails 7 and have hit an issue with the bin/Dev script mentioned on pages 112-113. Iteration A1 - Seeing the list of prod...
New
Keton
When running the program in chapter 8, “Implementing Combat”, the printout Health before attack was never printed so I assumed something ...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New

Sub Categories: