a.zampa

a.zampa

Kotlin and Android Development featuring Jetpack: error concerning function getCurrentStandings in BaseballDao.java

@mfazio23

I’m following the indications of the book and arriver ad chapter 10, but the app cannot be compiled due to an error in the BaseballDao.java class produced during the build process. I get the following errors:

  • Not sure how to convert a Cursor to this method’s return type (java.lang.Object).
  • Query method parameters should either be a type that can be converted into a database column or a List / Array that contains such type. You can consider adding a Type Adapter for this.
  • Unused parameter: continuation
  • Type of the parameter must be a class annotated with @Entity or a collection/array of it.
  • Not sure how to handle insert method’s return type.
  • Type of the parameter must be a class annotated with @Entity or a collection/array of it.
  • Not sure how to handle insert method’s return type.
  • Type of the parameter must be a class annotated with @Entity or a collection/array of it.
  • Not sure how to handle update method’s return type. Currently the supported return types are void, int or Int.
  • Type of the parameter must be a class annotated with @Entity or a collection/array of it.
  • Not sure how to handle update method’s return type. Currently the supported return types are void, int or Int.
  • The query returns some columns [teamId, division, wins, losses, winsLastTen, streakCount, streakType, divisionGamesBack, leagueGamesBack, id] which are not used by java.lang.Object. You can use @ColumnInfo annotation on the fields to specify the mapping. You can annotate the method with @RewriteQueriesToDropUnusedColumns to direct Room to rewrite your query to avoid fetching unused columns. You can suppress this warning by annotating the method with @SuppressWarnings(RoomWarnings.CURSOR_MISMATCH). Columns returned by the query: teamId, division, wins, losses, winsLastTen, streakCount, streakType, divisionGamesBack, leagueGamesBack, id.

The error message is

C:\Users\ale\AndroidStudioProjects\AndroidBaseballLeague\app\build\tmp\kapt3\stubs\debug\org\mathverse\androidbaseballleague\data\BaseballDao.java:31: error: Not sure how to convert a Cursor to this method’s return type (java.lang.Object).
public abstract java.lang.Object getCurrentStandings(@org.jetbrains.annotations.NotNull()

(I’m using org.mathverse.androidbaseballleague as package name, instead of dev.mfazio.abl).

The BaseballDao.java class contains the following lines

@org.jetbrains.annotations.Nullable()
@androidx.room.Query(value = "SELECT * FROM standings")
public abstract java.lang.Object getCurrentStandings(@org.jetbrains.annotations.NotNull()
kotlin.coroutines.Continuation<? super java.util.List<org.mathverse.androidbaseballleague.standings.TeamStanding>> continuation);

This is the only function of the database having prblems.
How can I solve this issue?
Thanks

Marked As Solved

a.zampa

a.zampa

Michael,

according to comment #11 to issue number 236612358, this problem is related to a change to Kotlin @Metadata annotation and can be solved forcing the dependency to the new version of kotlinx-metadata-jvm by adding

kapt “org.jetbrains.kotlinx:kotlinx-metadata-jvm:0.5.0”

This worked for me and solved another issue (room 2.4.2 didn’t allow to use vals into @Entity data classes asking, for the generated java class, setters for the corresponding variables).

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

JohnS
I can’t setup the Rails source code. This happens in a working directory containing multiple (postgres) Rails apps. With: ruby-3.0.0 s...
New
brian-m-ops
#book-python-testing-with-pytest-second-edition Hi. Thanks for writing the book. I am just learning so this might just of been an issue ...
New
AndyDavis3416
@noelrappin Running the webpack dev server, I receive the following warning: ERROR in tsconfig.json TS18003: No inputs were found in c...
New
jskubick
I’m running Android Studio “Arctic Fox” 2020.3.1 Patch 2, and I’m embarrassed to admit that I only made it to page 8 before running into ...
New
adamwoolhether
I’m not quite sure what’s going on here, but I’m unable to have to containers successfully complete the Readiness/Liveness checks. I’m im...
New
adamwoolhether
Is there any place where we can discuss the solutions to some of the exercises? I can figure most of them out, but am having trouble with...
New
AufHe
I’m a newbie to Rails 7 and have hit an issue with the bin/Dev script mentioned on pages 112-113. Iteration A1 - Seeing the list of prod...
New
s2k
Hi all, currently I wonder how the Tailwind colours work (or don’t work). For example, in app/views/layouts/application.html.erb I have...
New
kolossal
Hi, I need some help, I’m new to rust and was learning through your book. but I got stuck at the last stage of distribution. Whenever I t...
New
bjnord
Hello @herbert ! Trying to get the very first “Hello, Bracket Terminal!" example to run (p. 53). I develop on an Amazon EC2 instance runn...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Reading something? Working on something? Planning something? Changing jobs even!? If you’re up for sharing, please let us know what you’...
1063 24245 395
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New

Sub Categories: