dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Give me your quickest Kubernetes guides, please

As a part of my new job I’ll have to learn to manage a local k8s cluster. The tools used are microk8s, tilt and helm.

I’ll appreciate any and all guides that stood out to you and made you grok that matter more quickly and better overall.

It’s okay if it’s a book. I’ll buy 5 if I have to.

Thank you!

Most Liked

wolf4earth

wolf4earth

Personally I liked Kubernetes in Action from Manning. It actually explains the concepts and thoughts behind the various resource types and also has some chapters at the end which go into depth in how Kubernetes works under the hood.

Definitely helped in making me feel prepared for my day to day work with Kubernetes.

wolf4earth

wolf4earth

Yes, there are some parts out of date but nothing significant.

Some resources were only available in beta which are now regularly available, and some example definitions use deprecated features, but the CLI will warn you about the deprecations.

AstonJ

AstonJ

They have a second edition released in beta this year :+1:

Just checked and couldn’t find any PragProg books about it…

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

chasekaylee
Hi there everyone! Recently, I have fallen in love with programming with Elixir and have been having so much fun with it. I have been do...
New
Jsdr3398
I’m trying to create a router where everything is in a collection of routes (similar to how I do my routes in expressjs). But it doesn’t ...
New
jaimeiniesta
I maintain a project that lists hundreds of thousands of web pages, and I’d like to show a screenshot for each web page. There are alread...
New
andrea
Can Phoenix LiveView be used in multi-page applications, unlike React/Vue/Blazor which seems to be targeted for SPA?
New
JimmyCarterSon
I am following this tutorial . I have followed carefully correcting errors as I go. The app allows you to create a blog post and add comm...
New
AstonJ
If when trying to create (or recreate) your dev db with rails db:create you are getting: PG::ConnectionBad: connection to server on soc...
New
sona11
I studied very basic PHP (I believe). After that, I feel like I’ve gotten a handle on the language. My dream is to work as a web develope...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have a module that uses TypedStruct to create structs. This is the code: defmodule Shared.Data.Authorization do @moduledo...
New
Sumityadav
Hello all, I am new to learning Java Programming and want to learn java from scratch. I was writing a Java program to get the first and l...
New
apoorv-2204
Anyone know how to get in golang? I am from elixir background?.
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New