Jsdr3398

Jsdr3398

Raxx routing doesn't seem to work

I’m trying to create a router where everything is in a collection of routes (similar to how I do my routes in expressjs). But it doesn’t seem to work. Can anyone help me out?

# routes.ex
defmodule Api.API.Router do
  use Raxx.Router
  alias Api.API.Actions

  def stack(config) do
    Raxx.Stack.new(
      [
        # Add global middleware here.
      ],
      {__MODULE__, config}
    )
  end

  section([{Raxx.Logger, Raxx.Logger.setup(level: :info)}], [
    {%{path: []}, Actions.RootRoute},
    {%{path: ["users"]}, Actions.Users}
  ])

  section([{Raxx.Logger, Raxx.Logger.setup(level: :debug)}], [
    {_, Actions.NotFound}
  ])
end

# controllers/users.ex
defmodule Api.API.Actions.Users do
  use Raxx.SimpleServer
  alias Api.API

  @impl Raxx.SimpleServer
  def handle_request(_request = %{method: :GET}, _state) do
    response(:ok)
    |> API.set_json_payload(%{path: "root"})
  end

  def handle_request(_request = %{method: :GET, path: ["test"]}, _state) do
    response(:ok)
    |> API.set_json_payload(%{path: "test"})
  end

  def handle_request(_request = %{method: :GET, path: ["testo"]}, _state) do
    response(:ok)
    |> API.set_json_payload(%{path: "testo"})
  end
end

/users/ is normal and works fine, but I get a not found error when I try to access /users/test or /users/testo :sweat_smile:

Thanks in advance! :smiley:

Marked As Solved

crowdhailer

crowdhailer

Creator of Raxx

Your first function head is matching all Gets requests. This is how Elixir does pattern matching,
Nothing really Raxx specific, apart from the fact it gives you the data structure.

If you don’t specify a path it will match on all, try this instead.

Try

 @impl Raxx.SimpleServer
  def handle_request(_request = %{method: :GET: path: []}, _state) do
    response(:ok)
    |> API.set_json_payload(%{path: "root"})
  end

Also Liked

Jsdr3398

Jsdr3398

The first code block (routes.ex) has it. Will check out slack though, it’s super confusing tho so it may take a while :sweat_smile:

Edit: found the issue and added an _ to the routes array to properly match the path

AstonJ

AstonJ

Going to ping @crowdhailer for you as he’ll be able to give you the best answer being Raxx’s creator :blush: Hopefully he’ll be able to spare a few minutes to help you :smiley:

Jsdr3398

Jsdr3398

I haven’t got an opportunity to test this yet, but it makes sense now that I think about it. Thank you!

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

chasekaylee
Hi there everyone! Recently, I have fallen in love with programming with Elixir and have been having so much fun with it. I have been do...
New
Jsdr3398
I’m trying to create a router where everything is in a collection of routes (similar to how I do my routes in expressjs). But it doesn’t ...
New
New
mrmurphy
I’ve run into a situation where I’ve got a list of posts inside of a container that uses phx-update=“prepend”, and the posts on the socke...
New
sampu
I have a use case where a client is invoking a Rest endpoint via a load balancer, which in turn invokes a third party endpoint which is r...
New
MarkIden
Hi, Recommend pls your favorite learning resources in Go, with best books, podcasts etc.
/go
New
sona11
I studied very basic PHP (I believe). After that, I feel like I’ve gotten a handle on the language. My dream is to work as a web develope...
New
Sumityadav
Hello all, I am new to learning Java Programming and want to learn java from scratch. I was writing a Java program to get the first and l...
New
New
yamuna
Hi everyone, I’m trying to run deepseek-coder:6.7b-instruct-q4_K_M in Docker using Ollama to create an LLM that will be used by CrewAI a...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
AstonJ
poll poll Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New