siddhant3030

siddhant3030

Which vertical monitor do you use?

I’m thinking of buying a monitor that I can rotate to use as a vertical monitor?
Also, I want to know if someone is using it for programming and how does it help you?

Most Liked

cristineguadelupe

cristineguadelupe

Please, ignore my “organization” :smiley:
I love how I can easily change the position, angle or orientation of the monitor using the arm

lawik

lawik

I’m using two HP Z27 4K monitors on a double arm (just Amazon Basics). The central monitor is horizontal and the second is vertical.

I find it nice for having a browser for reference and another browser or terminal for output or preview. Depending on what I’m up to. It doesn’t go as wildly off to the right as it would in horizontal mode so I find it more useful.

unhelpfuldev

unhelpfuldev

You should go for ASUS VN279QL 27" Full HD 1920x1080 Display.

My experience:

The main reason I got this was for the amazing swivel stand it comes with that allows you to use the monitor vertically. Essentially this will help me look at lists on excel and scour reddit posts (among other things) way more effectively with the long portrait mode screen. Attached is a photo of the monitor on the left and how it fits in with the setup. I can see this being extremely useful for coding, web designing and basically anything that requires viewing of long lists for reference and comparison. It’s definitely made my work setup more efficient while freeing up some desk space as opposed to having another horizontal monitor.

Note: Monitor recommended by Tenrater

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
The obligatory speed test thread :smiley: Check here: https://www.speedtest.net When complete, click on the share link and copy and pas...
New
AstonJ
A thread that every forum needs! Simply post a link to a track on YouTube (or SoundCloud or Vimeo amongst others!) on a separate line an...
New
AstonJ
If you had the ear of a language creator, what would you say - what could they do to make a language that you would use? :upside_down_face:
New
Rainer
Have you seen the new features that will be available in the upcoming C# 9 release? C# is taking a lot of input from functional l...
New
AstonJ
Do you think it’s worth worrying about? Do you think it’s going to be an even bigger issue in future? If so what can the teams of smaller...
New
AstonJ
Things like smart speakers (such Amazon Alexa), smart TVs or other devices with built in microphones, cameras or with other features that...
New
AstonJ
Maybe a specific language or framework? Or a book or tool perhaps? What’s made your life easier and what do you think could make the live...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New