Exadra37

Exadra37

What monitor(s) do you have for programming?

Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it.

Does your monitor have eye protection technology?

What is the refresh rate, resolution, size, etc?

Please put photos if you can :slight_smile:

Most Liked

Maartz

Maartz

So here is mine, be indulgent, I’m moving and there’s a lot of “mess” around :sweat_smile:

So the big one is for code, and the lat one is for:

  • Documentation with Dash
  • Terminal
  • Communication software like Discord, Messenger, etc.

Got my M1 mac mini fixed under the desk with this.
Here is the 35" monitor, LG, it’s 4K and the refresh rate is 100Hz, makes things so smooth.
The small one here, 22" HP.
And the arm, I used it first for the big one but I prefer to use it for the small one at the end.

AstonJ

AstonJ

I’ve got an LG5K Display hooked up to a 16" MBP:

Here’s a good review of it:

It’s good not just for graphics but for anything where you need to read for long periods (such as code!) because the text is incredibly crisp. I would struggle going to a lower DPI now tbh.

This video makes me want to get an Apple XDR :joy:

ohm

ohm

I have currently have a LG UltraFine 27’’ 5K (5120 x 2880) monitor. I tend to have two columns of code or two columns of terminals.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

herminiotorres
What is your mouse currently? What technology is your mouse? Bluetooth? Wireless? or Wired? Gamer Mouse or not? what is your opinion ab...
New
AstonJ
Apart from your monitor, keyboard and mouse - what additional computer hardware do you have?
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from What monitor(s) do you have for programming? - just wondering if anyone has used blue light blockers or gl...
New
AstonJ
We have a thread about the keyboards we have, but what about nice keyboards we come across that we want? If you have seen any that look n...
New
AstonJ
Seen any nice artisan keycaps? Got any? Ordered any? This thread was inspired by the one @foxtrottwist has :nerd_face:
New
First poster: kokolegorille
Seagate recently published its long-term technology roadmap revealing plans to produce ~50 TB hard drives by 2026 and 120+ TB HDDs after ...
New
AstonJ
Saw this on TikTok of all places! :lol: Anyone heard of them before? Lite:
New
AstonJ
This might be my next keyboard (the down arrow on my Apple Magic Keyboard has stopped working :icon_rolleyes:) https://cdn.shopify.com/s...
New
Ghost
Hello. I am totally green, if we talk about hardware. Could anybody recommend to me, how I could get into this knowledge? My main goal...
New
edantuisi
Hey everyone, I’m Edan. Like a lot of developers, typing code all day eventually started taking a toll on my wrists and posture. I switc...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New