sona11
In Couchbase, how do you change the datatype of an attribute from String to Array?
I’m having a difficulty. I want to modify an attribute’s data type from String to Array.
{
“id”: “trn:tarb:tradingpartner:uuid:00000464-fa72-49fe-b050-c4bf1cfd8259”,
“partnerNumber”: “1098981”,
“partnerName”: "AFLO ",
“currencyCode”: “GBP”,
“commercialPartnerStatus”: “Inactive”,
“source”: {
“id”: “STV0001$$”,
“name”: “QS”
},
“corpCode”: “DR”,
“subCorpCode”: “001”,
“targetMarket”: “UK”
}
In the preceding one, I want to convert targetMarket from String to Array without affecting its name.
“targetMarket”:[
“UK”,
“IN”
]
The issue is with the old data, which is in string format, and if I alter the attribute in java, I receive an error while retrieving data from the database. It cannot automatically cast from string to arrayList. As a result, I must first modify the old data before changing the java code. It’s good with me if the data is null or erased after transforming the object from string to array.
Popular Backend topics
New
Hello.
I have an iOS app where needs a proxying website through private server(HTTP / HTTPS proxy), but its idea each time has some trou...
New
I maintain a project that lists hundreds of thousands of web pages, and I’d like to show a screenshot for each web page. There are alread...
New
Background
I am trying to encode a structure into json format using the Jason library. However, this is not working as expected.
Code
L...
New
Background
I am moving towards defined data structures in my application, and I find that TypedStruct is quite useful.
Questions
Howeve...
New
Background
I am a fan of dialyzer and friends (looking at Gradient) and I try to have sepcs in my code as much as I can. To this end, I a...
New
Background
I have a module that uses TypedStruct to create structs. This is the code:
defmodule Shared.Data.Authorization do
@moduledo...
New
Is it monolithic or using micro-services?
New
Background
I have an umbrella app where I use a dependecy called ETS. This dependency has a type called set_options that I use in some of...
New
If you’re getting errors like this:
psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
Other popular topics
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
Start building native Android apps the modern way in Kotlin with Jetpack's expansive set of tools, libraries, and best practices. Learn h...
New
The V Programming Language
Simple language for building maintainable programs
V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework.
Brian Okken @brianokken
Edited by Kat...
New
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one:
I got 51/100:
Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply…
File > New Rule:
And select Deny, O...
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New
Latest in Java
Backend>Questions
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /lua
- /markdown









