jaywengrow

jaywengrow

Author of A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms

A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms, Second Edition: Website

Hello! It’s Jay Wengrow, author of A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms. My book now has a supplemental website, where I’ll be adding new articles and videos that go beyond the book.

The website is: https://commonsensecomputerscience.com/

Hope to see you there!
-Jay

Most Liked

jaywengrow

jaywengrow

Author of A Common-Sense Guide to Data Structures and Algorithms

Thanks, Aston!

I’m certainly curious to hear more about your ideas for effective teaching techniques. I do create videos on a regular basis, so I’m pretty good with those.

-Jay

AstonJ

AstonJ

This is fantastic Jay :+1:

I hope we’ll see more authors do this - especially videos!!

Don’t forget to post links to your blog posts and videos here in our Blog Posts and Learning Resources sections (you can use the ‘screencasts’ or ‘video’ tags for the vids and they will get the appropriate icon on our front-page). If you include your book’s tag they will also show in your book portal :nerd_face:

Side note: I actually have an idea about effective teaching which involves a book and videos (as well as another secret ingredient) and I was going to run this by PragProg as an alternative to the ‘learn by doing’ methods currently in vogue - I believe this new method can cover more ground and be just as if not more effective. Perhaps you could do the pilot if they think it is a good idea :blush: I need to give it a bit more thought before running it by them tho!

AstonJ

AstonJ

Funnily enough Dave recently asked me if I might be interested in writing a book and although I can’t think of a topic that I’d want to write about right now I’ve just sent him some brief details of the idea I mentioned above. I’m not sure if it’s something that will tie into PragProg’s plans but if it is I definitely think you’d be a great person to trial it with first :smiley:

I’m also going to add your book to my to-read list as I’m always interested in fast and scalable systems :nerd_face: (no promises when I’ll get around to it tho, my list is pretty long atm - hopefully I’ll get a bit more time once the winter starts to draw in).

Thanks also for mentioning Devtalk on your new website - please feel free to use our logo if you need to :blush:

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
A thread that every forum needs! Simply post a link to a track on YouTube (or SoundCloud or Vimeo amongst others!) on a separate line an...
New
siddhant3030
I’m thinking of buying a monitor that I can rotate to use as a vertical monitor? Also, I want to know if someone is using it for program...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
AstonJ
Just been adding some more portals, currently have the following languages: Apache Groovy C C# C++ Clojure CoffeeScript Crystal ...
New
DevotionGeo
As the title suggests, this thread will contain some real wisdom came from experience. Please add something meaningful than fancy looking...
New
jamiedumont
This is all going to be a bit hand-wavey and straight off the top of my head, so bear with me, but it’s a thought/debate that’s been ratt...
New
AstonJ
Just wondering whether you have a preference (I know I do!) poll
New
jaeyson
Hi!, hope everyone’s ok. Sorry if this question is ambiguous (i’ll remove this if i break some rules here). This is more like a self-ques...
New
Margaret
Hello DevTalk Community! Once again, The Pragmatic Programmers are looking for developers who’d like to help shape the future of our boo...
New
AstonJ
Curious whether you remap your Caps Lock. Do you remap your Caps Lock key? poll I have no idea what Globe is btw, just seen it in the ma...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
25 puzzles that will make you a better C programmer by challenging your knowledge of the language, and explaining the technical details o...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New