Rainer
Do you have any (non-dev) hobbies?
Not sure if following fits exactly this thread, or if we should have a hobby thread…
For many years I’m designing and building model airplanes. Due to lack of time, my last own design was already 10 years ago
Last year while still commuting before the pandemic I started a new design, with the first draft looking like this:
This slowly evolved into this:
And just now into this:
Hope to have it flying in spring ![]()
Most Liked
Rainer
7
Rainer
I finished work on the jet yesterday, and with perfect weather I did the maiden flight today. Everything went well ![]()
Maybe now I’ve got the time to continue with reading the erlang book ![]()
6
Rainer
6
Popular General Dev topics
If you’re a fan, why?
If you’re not fussed on it, how comes?
New
If you could work on any project, what would it be? :upside_down_face:
New
One of my 2021 resolutions is to read more tech books. As part of this effort I purchased two MEAPs (Manning Early Access Program) which...
New
The dev world doesn’t sit still, in fact it is probably one of the fastest paced industries around - meaning to stay current we are conti...
New
Things like smart speakers (such Amazon Alexa), smart TVs or other devices with built in microphones, cameras or with other features that...
New
The V Programming Language
Simple language for building maintainable programs
V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
A modern streaming platform for mission critical workloads
Redpanda is a Kafka® compatible event streaming platform. No Zookeeper®, no JV...
New
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
New
Hi everyone!
I bought this domain name when I was planning to create a website like ElixirSchool.com, but that didn’t ever happen.
Now ...
New
Mine is JetBrains Mono with "editor.fontSize" set to 14, or 13.
New
Other popular topics
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
New
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol:
bre...
New
Author Spotlight
Mike Riley
@mriley
This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
Author Spotlight:
Bruce Tate
@redrapids
Programming languages always emerge out of need, and if that’s not always true, they’re defin...
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
- All
- In The News (11412)
- Dev Chat
- Questions (38)
- Resources (122)
- Blogs/Talks (29)
- Jobs (3)
- Events (15)
- Code Editors (59)
- Hardware (60)
- Reviews (5)
- Sales (16)
- Design & UX (5)
- Marketing & SEO (2)
- Industry & Culture (14)
- Ethics & Privacy (19)
- Business (4)
- Learning Methods (7)
- Content Creators (7)
- DevOps & Hosting (14)
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /deepseek
- /ash
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /nodejs
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel
















