DevotionGeo

DevotionGeo

What is the comfortable brightness level for you?

For me it’s six to seven steps above complete dark, on MacBook Air M1.

Most Liked

jss

jss

Thank you. Will look into this.

davearonson

davearonson

Depends on the environment. On my MBAir, if I’m in the living room, then it’s usually at 8 or 9 out of 16, if the lights or on or it’s day and I have the blinds open. Once in a while I can’t sleep, come downstairs in the middle of the night, and do something on the MBAir. with the lights off, screen at 1 out of 16, and keyboard backlight on (it’s usually off). If I’m on the back porch during the day, though, it’s gotta be 16/16.

AstonJ

AstonJ

Keep in mind that not all monitors have the same brightness - even the same model. I’ve had three LG5Ks (as I wanted to check the backlight for evenness) and one of them was noticeably brighter than the other two (the one I kept! :lol:)

For me I am usually between 50% and 75% or up to 100% for some video sources or if it’s very bright outdoors… but it should depend on the brightness of your room and what’s comfortable for you.

If you’re finding things uncomfortable, or too contrasty, it could be a sign of underlying health issues (or even something like borderline diabetes):

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
Which screen resolutions do you frequently use? Note: not the resolution the display is capable of mind, but the resolution you’re using...
New
AstonJ
If you had the ear of a language creator, what would you say - what could they do to make a language that you would use? :upside_down_face:
New
AstonJ
In your opinion which programming languages are simple to use and easy to get started wither those who don’t have a computer science bac...
New
axelson
Can anyone recommend a tmux session switcher? I’ve used https://github.com/siadat/session-finder in the past but it’s not very actively m...
New
AstonJ
Looking at @siddhant3030’s photo from the Do you blog? thread, do you cover your computer or phone camera as a security precaution? Wha...
New
AstonJ
Great paper by Igor Kopestenski on Erlang and GRiSP: Erlang as an Enabling Technology for Resilient General-Purpose Applications on Edge ...
New
AstonJ
Things like smart speakers (such Amazon Alexa), smart TVs or other devices with built in microphones, cameras or with other features that...
New
dwaynebradley
In their weekly newsletter, Jared Santo from the Changelog shared this blog post by Mark Ericksen over at fly.io: What is really inter...
New
OvermindDL1
Maybe we need a thread of hosting providers we like and for what reasons. I personally like OVH, they are a very low level host (they re...
New
AstonJ
Thought this would be a nice way to start the year - have you seen or written a function (or method) or piece of code that you are partic...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New