bobj

bobj

How to get out of Android 10 Developer Mode?

The front screen cracked on my BLU J5L (FCC ID: YHLBLU5L20) months ago. The BLU company won’t won’t sell parts for it, or say which Chinese company made the phone (so I could find parts for similar, more popular phones).

For a while, all pixels displayed and touch resolution was fine. Then, the touch screen started returning the wrong item, particularly on the last row of the unlock-keypad (so Backspace couldn’t be used either). After many, many tries, I was able to unlock it and remove the lock PIN entirely. I had tried to transfer my contacts file to another phone by Bluetooth, but couldn’t do so (only could transfer images and named files). So I wanted to enable better USB-cable access.

After using the standard “build number” method to turn on Developer Mode, I also turned on some other options to see what they were.

After exiting Settings, I ended up with a mostly greyed-out screen with a pink band at the top, showing (right now):
P: 2/2 X: 388.2 Y: 431.5 Xv: 0.0 Yv: 0.0 Prs: 1.0 Size: 0.0
and two white dots which can be dragged but always snap back, leaving traces on the screen, which are erased after reboot.

None of the actions I’ve tried provided a way to exit this mode, including removing the battery. It is difficult to access apps under the gray screen.

It has Android 10, Build QP1A.190711.020 and a Custom Build Version ending in _V10.0G.04.15_GENERIC_FW 08-02-2023.

Any suggestions?

Where Next?

Popular Android topics Top

big_f
I am making an app with Nativescript-vue and I would like to have an event where I click on an icon and then a new box appears. For the i...
New
Nevio
Hi, I made an android app and created a signature with keytool. I then bundled the signature in the apk. So, I was wondering if, wanting...
New
Shadow
Good afternoon. Brief story: My institution has several nfc tags in building which have to be scanned with specific app built and used in...
New
Briannamari
Old android photo name sequence Help decoding file names Example. I want to see if a file name aligns with a time / date in which the p...
New
hasan10242048
There is an Android app. I just want to create two GRAPHS with CPU Runtime and Battery Consumption. It is as simple as this. I tried w...
New
nihar-gingercube
We have developed a audio/video calling functionality using opentok sdk, now we want to integrate speech recognizer for transcribing voic...
New
DuendeMartin
My Android Studio emulator is stuck on this loading screen. What’s going on?
New
langtec
I have installed Android studio, first the snap version, then downloaded Panda 2.x from the website. In both versions, the emulator keeps...
New
yosefk
I’m creating Hotspot network in Android by WifiManager.startLocalOnlyHotspot. It register the I/F in NetworkInterfaces but it does not i...
New
bobj
The front screen cracked on my BLU J5L (FCC ID: YHLBLU5L20) months ago. The BLU company won’t won’t sell parts for it, or say which Chin...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
dimitarvp
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux: I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New