Exadra37

Exadra37

Security by Obscurity is Underrated

So, if we can reduce the likelihood, we can reduce the overall risk. That’s good. It’s actually very similar to a very common idea called “Defense in Depth”. It’s also referred as “Swiss Cheese Model”

Security by obscurity is not enough by itself. You should always enforce the best practices. However, if you can reduce the risk with zero cost, you should do that. Obscurity is a good layer of security.

Most Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

I agree! Anything that makes it harder for someone to misuse your system is a good thing imo :+1:

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

wolf4earth
Inspired by this thread about arcade games - which I initially misread as favorite arcade game soundtracks - I wanted to ask about your f...
New
AstonJ
In your opinion which programming languages are simple to use and easy to get started wither those who don’t have a computer science bac...
New
axelson
Can anyone recommend a tmux session switcher? I’ve used https://github.com/siadat/session-finder in the past but it’s not very actively m...
New
AstonJ
What do you think needs fixing in the digital / computer science sphere?
New
Exadra37
Have you ever wanted to build something but you had no idea what to do? Just as authors sometimes have “writers block” it’s also true for...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
Exadra37
Kubernetes is everywhere. Transactional apps, video streaming services and machine learning workloads are finding a home on this ever-gro...
New
AstonJ
Do we have any digital nomads here? Anyone fancy it? If so, which countries would you consider? I’ve been toying with the idea for a wh...
New
malloryerik
With 100% less blockchain. I went searching for a lightweight immutable database that could be audited and ran into this. I guess this ...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New