brainlid

brainlid

Thinking Elixir 307 - Trust Nothing, Sort Everything

Episode 307 of Thinking Elixir. Mark shares a bittersweet housekeeping update. The Thinking Elixir Podcast is winding down, with the final episode airing June 23rd, 2026, closing the book on over six years of weekly shows. On the news front, Ecto 3.14 lands with long-awaited UUIDv7 support (time-sortable UUIDs for better index performance) along with a host of other improvements, Oban Pro adds a “human approval” workflow step that lets jobs pause mid-execution and resume on a signal without holding a database connection open, Hologram v0.9 arrives with a new Realtime feature enabling pure-Elixir WebSocket push from server to browser, Dashbit shares a behind-the-scenes look at how they designed Git integration in Tidewave Web across three developer personas, and the NSA drops new Zero Trust Implementation Guidelines that pair nicely with the Erlang Ecosystem Foundation’s own security hardening document, and more!

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

New
New
First poster: bot
Such inflammatory, much wow. Unfortunately, Haskell itself agrees. Some languages naturally lend themselves towards adoption. Some don’t...
New
First poster: bot
Django 3.2 is just around the corner and it’s packed with new features. Django versions are usually not that exciting (it’s a good thing!...
New
paulanthonywilson
Post on using UDP multicasting with Elixir to broadcast presence, and listen for peers, on a local network. I have found this approach us...
New
AstonJ
Not had time to read it yet but this looks like a good interview… Our friend Yukihiro Matsumoto, creator of the Ruby programming langua...
New
prajaut
Being a part of the tech industry, it would be good to share thoughts on specific technologies. Having surrounded by skilled and experie...
/go
New
chikega
Mark Hoffman, the author of Programming WebAssembly in Rust, is a pretty hilarious lecturer if you like a dry sense of humor.
New
brainlid
In episode 81 of Thinking Elixir, we talk with Digit and Quinn Wilton about the Burrito project. It wraps up Elixir to a single binary, e...
New
RudManusachi
Hi there! Recently I was playing around with extracting and updating data in the DB and for fun challenged myself to try to implement a ...
New

Other popular topics Top

brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New