KnowledgeIsPower

KnowledgeIsPower

What kind of AI GPT, co-pilot for coding are you using?

I am using MS Copilot in daily work.

Most Liked

Eiji

Eiji

It’s not even about trust. There are not really AI’s s they have a problem with fixing one-line bug where solution is in official documentation. I can’t think about it to do something bigger for me. I sometimes use it for a hint or idea and research specific keywords/naming by myself and that’s all we can really do with so-called AI’s. As always the end of the humanity/world has been delayed … :sweat_smile:

I have just tried it and results were not surprising. There are 2 different levels with and without searching internet … I would say that the one without searching is on Chat GPT-3 level and the second one is on Chat GPT-4 level. However both answers were completely wrong. When read carefully and browsing search results they give a hint, but it’s at least as same amount of work as without AI, so they don’t help me at all.

Edit: I have changed one thing in my example 1 LOC code and the results with and without internet were terrible. They have caused more problems than help. This AI sometimes cannot tell a difference between language types.

I wonder if my 1 LOC test is better than Turing’s one as so far no AI have passed it at all. :joy:

brennan

brennan

Just using ChatGPT to help me once in a while, specially with regex stuff :slight_smile:

KnowledgeIsPower

KnowledgeIsPower

I found MS copilot sometimes not giving accurate information.
It tried to get code from forums and try to code by itself, but sometimes the code is not working or having syntax errors.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
A thread that every forum needs! Simply post a link to a track on YouTube (or SoundCloud or Vimeo amongst others!) on a separate line an...
New
justinjunodev
Figured this would be a cool topic and maybe provide some inspiration for those who are just starting to work from home. Feel free to sha...
New
AstonJ
Inspired by this tweet by @dasdom Even if you take out all the damage being done by humans, our planet has about 50B years before bein...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
Rainer
Not sure if following fits exactly this thread, or if we should have a hobby thread… For many years I’m designing and building model air...
New
ohm
I just switched jobs to tech lead with a small team of about 6 other developer. This is my first tech lead job. What do I need to know? A...
New
TwistingTwists
Hello Fellow developers, I have been trying to wrap my head around How difficult would it have been to be a dev 20-30 years ago? I have...
New
malloryerik
With 100% less blockchain. I went searching for a lightweight immutable database that could be audited and ran into this. I guess this ...
New
New
DevotionGeo
For me it’s six to seven steps above complete dark, on MacBook Air M1.
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New