Exadra37

Exadra37

Who knows the Contabo hosting provider?

My brother got a VPS on https://contabo.com hosting provider, but I was not aware of them, and when my brother told me the price and specs I was :astonished:

I went and checked their website, and they seem to have awesome prices for super specs:

This leaves me with some suspicion how the heck they can offer such prices, when compared with DigitalOcean, Linode, etc.

Will this hosting provider be any good in terms o reliability to have production workloads on it :thinking:

Anyone knows about it?

Most Liked

jaeyson

jaeyson

have you checked lowendbox.com? they got tons of reviews, (me bias) especially offerings from racknerd.

Exadra37

Exadra37

Thanks for the link. I am not looking at the moment for a hosting provider, but I will keep it in mind.

Side note: that website is just not designed for a good user experience.

AstonJ

AstonJ

This is an old thread but there were quite a few recommendations in it too:

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
If you had the ear of a language creator, what would you say - what could they do to make a language that you would use? :upside_down_face:
New
AstonJ
Thought it might be worth having a dedicated thread for standing desk treadmills (for those interested, here’s our general thread on stan...
New
New
Exadra37
I am a Linux user since 2012, more or less, and I always use Ubuntu on my computers, and my last 2 laptops have been used Thinkpads, wher...
New
Rainer
Not sure if following fits exactly this thread, or if we should have a hobby thread… For many years I’m designing and building model air...
New
AstonJ
The dev world doesn’t sit still, in fact it is probably one of the fastest paced industries around - meaning to stay current we are conti...
New
AstonJ
Do you think it’s worth worrying about? Do you think it’s going to be an even bigger issue in future? If so what can the teams of smaller...
New
DevotionGeo
The Odin programming language is designed with the intent of creating an alternative to C with the following goals: simplicity high per...
New
AstonJ
Maybe a specific language or framework? Or a book or tool perhaps? What’s made your life easier and what do you think could make the live...
New
AstonJ
Just wondering whether you have a preference (I know I do!) poll
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New