pieteeken

pieteeken

Machine Learning in Elixir: Some remarks on chapter 8 version B2.0 and cuda

@seanmor5

Machine Learning in Elixir

Some remarks on chapter 8 version B2.0
seanmor5

page 177
It is already mentioned here:
:discard is forgotten, it must be Stream.chunk_every(batch_size,batch_size, :discard)
I discovered it after an hour or so. First I tried to form chunks that are a multiple of32.
So I have thrown some pictures away and made 1000 >> 960 and 750 >> 630 (page 178). Fortunately there is :discard

page 184
Already mentioned: Use Polaris.Optimizers.adam(learning_rate: 1.0e-4)

page 191:
github.com/onnx/tensorflow_onnx doesn’t exist (anymore).
Why “Exporting models from …”. Why not “Importing …”

page 193:
unk__613 is now unk__615
The link tfhub.def is changed to Find Pre-trained Models | Kaggle

Then for all who were wondering: Why don’t I see “EXLA.Backend<cuda:…” but always
“EXLA.Backend<host:…”
Install the cuda-toolkit (on developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit)

Do not forget to put in your .bashrc!!!:
export PATH=/usr/local/cuda-12./bin${PATH:+:${PATH}}
export PATH=/usr/local/cuda-12.3/bin${PATH:+:${PATH}}
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda-12.3/lib64
${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}}
export XLA_TARGET=cuda120
export EXLA_TARGET=cuda

It did not work with my old graphics card (Geforce GT9600) so I had to buy a new graphics card. An RTX 360, not the most expensive. And it is working now! Everything goes 30-40% faster.

First Post!

pieteeken

pieteeken

The sentence “export PATH=/usr/local/cuda-12./bin${PATH:+:${PATH}}” must be removed/

And the sentence “export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/cuda-12.3/lib64
${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}}” should be one line.
I discovered that because I did “source .bashrc” and got an error.

Furthermore you can add to the cuda part the next script because you get the warning a numan node is missing.
I don’t know if it is necessesary, cause I don’t know what a numan node is, but anyway…


#!/bin/bash
if [[ “$EUID” -ne 0 ]]; then
echo “Please run as root.”
exit 1
fi
PCI_ID=$(lspci | grep “VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation” | cut -d’ ’ -f1)
PCI_ID=“0000:$PCI_ID”
FILE=/sys/bus/pci/devices/$PCI_ID/numa_node
echo Checking $FILE for NUMA connection status…
if [[ -f “$FILE” ]]; then
CURRENT_VAL=$(cat $FILE)
if [[ “$CURRENT_VAL” -eq -1 ]]; then
echo Setting connection value from -1 to 0.
echo 0 > $FILE
else
echo Current connection value of $CURRENT_VAL is not -1.
fi
else
echo $FILE does not exist to update.
exit 1
fi

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

telemachus
Python Testing With Pytest - Chapter 2, warnings for “unregistered custom marks” While running the smoke tests in Chapter 2, I get these...
New
jamis
The following is cross-posted from the original Ray Tracer Challenge forum, from a post by garfieldnate. I’m cross-posting it so that the...
New
raul
Hi Travis! Thank you for the cool book! :slight_smile: I made a list of issues and thought I could post them chapter by chapter. I’m rev...
New
HarryDeveloper
Hi @venkats, It has been mentioned in the description of ‘Supervisory Job’ title that 2 things as mentioned below result in the same eff...
New
joepstender
The generated iex result below should list products instead of product for the metadata. (page 67) iex&gt; product = %Product{} %Pento....
New
digitalbias
Title: Build a Weather Station with Elixir and Nerves: Problem connecting to Postgres with Grafana on (page 64) If you follow the defau...
New
brunogirin
When I run the coverage example to report on missing lines, I get: pytest --cov=cards --report=term-missing ch7 ERROR: usage: pytest [op...
New
brunogirin
When trying to run tox in parallel as explained on page 151, I got the following error: tox: error: argument -p/–parallel: expected one...
New
EdBorn
Title: Agile Web Development with Rails 7: (page 70) I am running windows 11 pro with rails 7.0.3 and ruby 3.1.2p20 (2022-04-12 revision...
New
davetron5000
Hello faithful readers! If you have tried to follow along in the book, you are asked to start up the dev environment via dx/build and ar...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Get the comprehensive, insider information you need for Rails 8 with the new edition of this award-winning classic. Sam Ruby @rubys ...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New

Sub Categories: