mbarchfe

mbarchfe

Vector Search with JavaScript: example is not working

If you came to this page via a book’s portal and it has pre-filled part of the title and tags for you please only add what you need to after the pre-filled text in the title, this is usually a description of what you are posting and the page number so it follows this format:

Title: Vector Search with JavaScript
I have cloned the git repo from GitHub - hummusonrails/vector-example-blog-platform: Fully featured Medium.com clone with vector search functionality.

Unfortunately, I can not start it (on main branch):

> npm install; npm run dev
...
/Users/markus/git/vector-example-blog-platform/models/User.js:57
userModel.methods.generateAccessToken = function() {
                                      ^

TypeError: Cannot set properties of undefined (setting 'generateAccessToken')
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/markus/git/vector-example-blog-platform/models/User.js:57:39)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1469:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1548:10)
    at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1288:32)
    at Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1104:12)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1311:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/helpers:179:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/markus/git/vector-example-blog-platform/config/dbConnect.js:2:28)
    at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1469:14)
    at Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1548:10)

Node.js v20.17.0
[nodemon] app crashed - waiting for file changes before starting...

Also: what version of Couchbase should I install? Is the community edition sufficient?

Thanks
Markus

Most Liked

mbarchfe

mbarchfe

Thanks for your fast response and the fix in the repo. After creating the capella account I managed to start up the server.

It would probably save some time to other users, too, if you described some more details about the capella account and how to add the credentials:

  • create a bucket
  • allow access for IP Adress
  • create user (access control) and allow read/write on the bucket
  • copy .env.example to .env

Cheers
Markus

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

abtin
page 20: … protoc command… I had to additionally run the following go get commands in order to be able to compile protobuf code using go...
New
jimschubert
In Chapter 3, the source for index introduces Config on page 31, followed by more code including tests; Config isn’t introduced until pag...
New
iPaul
page 37 ANTLRInputStream input = new ANTLRInputStream(is); as of ANTLR 4 .8 should be: CharStream stream = CharStreams.fromStream(i...
New
jeffmcompsci
Title: Design and Build Great Web APIs - typo “https://company-atk.herokuapp.com/2258ie4t68jv” (page 19, third bullet in URL list) Typo:...
New
dsmith42
Hey there, I’m enjoying this book and have learned a few things alredayd. However, in Chapter 4 I believe we are meant to see the “&gt;...
New
Henrai
Hi, I’m working on the Chapter 8 of the book. After I add add the point_offset, I’m still able to see acne: In the image above, I re...
New
davetron5000
Hello faithful readers! If you have tried to follow along in the book, you are asked to start up the dev environment via dx/build and ar...
New
roadbike
From page 13: On Python 3.7, you can install the libraries with pip by running these commands inside a Python venv using Visual Studio ...
New
New
dachristenson
I’ve got to the end of Ch. 11, and the app runs, with all tabs displaying what they should – at first. After switching around between St...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New

Sub Categories: