sabiwara
Machine Learning in Elixir: Chapter 13 code errors
Hello @seanmor5! Thanks a lot for the amazing book and new chapter ![]()
I got a couple of errors when trying to run the examples in Chap. 13 and they don’t seem to have been reported yet:
- p.313 The
:sequence_lengthand:batch_sizekeys oftext_embeddinghad to be popped and nested in a:compilekey:
opts = Keyword.validate!(opts, [
:defn_options, sequence_length: 64, batch_size: 16 ])
{model_info, tokenizer} = load()
Bumblebee.Text.TextEmbedding.text_embedding(model_info, tokenizer, opts)
- p.316
predict/1returns an%{embedding: Nx.Tensor.t()}, should return aNx.Tensor.t()to work when adding it to the changeset later:
def predict(text) do
- Nx.Serving.batched_run(BookSearchModel, text)
+ Nx.Serving.batched_run(BookSearchModel, text).embedding
end
- p.320 needs to assign
:query
def mount(_params, _session, socket) do
- {:ok, assign(socket, :results, [])}
+ {:ok, assign(socket, results: [], query: nil)}
end
- p.321 Typo in HTML template
<a
- href{~p"/book/#{result.id}"}
+ href={~p"/book/#{result.id}"}
Most Liked
sabiwara
@pieteeken I changed it as follows, fixed it for me:
opts = Keyword.validate!(opts, [:defn_options, sequence_length: 64, batch_size: 16])
{defn_opts, compile_opts} = Keyword.pop!(opts, :defn_options)
opts = [defn_options: defn_opts, compile: compile_opts]
1
pieteeken
OK. It’s working.
And I also got the results. But that was because of one forgotten change from the book.
1
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
Many tasks_proj/tests directories exist in chapters 2, 3, 5 that have tests that use the custom markers smoke and get, which are not decl...
New
your book suggests to use Image.toByteData() to convert image to bytes, however I get the following error: "the getter ‘toByteData’ isn’t...
New
Hi,
build fails on:
bracket-lib = “~0.8.1”
when running on Mac Mini M1 Rust version 1.5.0:
Compiling winit v0.22.2
error[E0308]: mi...
New
Hi! I know not the intentions behind this narrative when called, on page XI:
mount() |> handle_event() |> render()
but the correc...
New
The generated iex result below should list products instead of product for the metadata. (page 67)
iex> product = %Product{}
%Pento....
New
The book has the same “Problem space/Solution space” diagram on page 18 as is on page 17. The correct Problem/Solution space diagrams ar...
New
Running mix deps.get in the sensor_hub directory fails with the following error:
** (Mix) No SSH public keys found in ~/.ssh. An ssh aut...
New
“The ProductLive.Index template calls a helper function, live_component/3, that in turn calls on the modal component. ”
Excerpt From: Br...
New
Hi,
I am getting an error I cannot figure out on my test.
I have what I think is the exact code from the book, other than I changed “us...
New
Hi, I need some help, I’m new to rust and was learning through your book. but I got stuck at the last stage of distribution. Whenever I t...
New
Other popular topics
Algorithms and data structures are much more than abstract concepts. Mastering them enables you to write code that runs faster and more e...
New
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
Start building native Android apps the modern way in Kotlin with Jetpack's expansive set of tools, libraries, and best practices. Learn h...
New
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser.
...
New
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
Author Spotlight
Jamis Buck
@jamis
This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
Big O Notation can make your code faster by orders of magnitude. Get the hands-on info you need to master data structures and algorithms ...
New
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









