jwandekoken

jwandekoken

Programming Phoenix LiveView: Live Upload Match Error

Book: Programming Phoenix LiveView, page 142 (157/378), file lib/pento_web/live/product_live/form_component.ex, in the function below:

defp handle_progress(:image, entry, socket) do
    :timer.sleep(200)

    if entry.done? do
      # here instead of {:ok, path} I changed to path only, and it worked
      path =
        consume_uploaded_entry(
          socket,
          entry,
          &upload_static_file(&1, socket)
        )

      {:noreply,
       socket
       |> put_flash(:info, "file #{entry.client_name} uploaded")
       |> assign(:image_upload, path)}
    else
      {:noreply, socket}
    end
  end

Let me know if this is correct, because here It only worked when I changed.

Docs:
https://hexdocs.pm/phoenix_live_view/Phoenix.LiveView.html#consume_uploaded_entry/3-examples

Most Liked

tma_1

tma_1

I ran into this too. It looks like the function Phoenix.LiveView.Upload.consume_entries has been changed to return just the results in LiveView 0.17.9.

SophieDeBenedetto

SophieDeBenedetto

Author of Programming Phoenix LiveView

For the issues that are being described re: the flash message and filename–we’ll dig into these further as we prepare for a non-trivial code upgrade for the latest versions of LiveView once 0.18 is released in the coming weeks and months. Stay tuned for updates in the meantime I recommend moving on to the next chapters.

Thanks all for your valuable input and feedback!

SophieDeBenedetto

SophieDeBenedetto

Author of Programming Phoenix LiveView

Hello! We are hard at work on a major revision right now and plan to release a new version of the book before the end of February.

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

Alexandr
Hi everyone! There is an error on the page 71 in the book “Programming machine learning from coding to depp learning” P. Perrotta. You c...
New
mikecargal
Title: Hands-on Rust: question about get_component (page 295) (feel free to respond. “You dug you’re own hole… good luck”) I have somet...
New
rmurray10127
Title: Intuitive Python: docker run… denied error (page 2) Attempted to run the docker command in both CLI and Powershell PS C:\Users\r...
New
jskubick
I’m running Android Studio “Arctic Fox” 2020.3.1 Patch 2, and I’m embarrassed to admit that I only made it to page 8 before running into ...
New
brunogirin
When I run the coverage example to report on missing lines, I get: pytest --cov=cards --report=term-missing ch7 ERROR: usage: pytest [op...
New
Charles
In general, the book isn’t yet updated for Phoenix version 1.6. On page 18 of the book, the authors indicate that an auto generated of ro...
New
brunogirin
When installing Cards as an editable package, I get the following error: ERROR: File “setup.py” not found. Directory cannot be installe...
New
EdBorn
Title: Agile Web Development with Rails 7: (page 70) I am running windows 11 pro with rails 7.0.3 and ruby 3.1.2p20 (2022-04-12 revision...
New
roadbike
From page 13: On Python 3.7, you can install the libraries with pip by running these commands inside a Python venv using Visual Studio ...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
AstonJ
Do the test and post your score :nerd_face: :keyboard: If possible, please add info such as the keyboard you’re using, the layout (Qw...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New

Sub Categories: