harwind
CSS Flexbox Alignment Issue: Items Not Centering Horizontally
I’m currently working on a front-end development project and I’m facing an issue with aligning items using CSS Flexbox. I want to horizontally center a set of items within a container using Flexbox, but they don’t seem to be aligning properly. Here’s the relevant HTML and CSS:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css">
</head>
<body>
<div class="container">
<div class="item">Item 1</div>
<div class="item">Item 2</div>
<div class="item">Item 3</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>
/* styles.css */
.container {
display: flex;
justify-content: center;
align-items: center;
border: 1px solid #ddd;
height: 200px;
}
.item {
padding: 10px 20px;
background-color: #f0f0f0;
margin: 5px;
}
Despite setting justify-content: center; and align-items: center; on the .container, the items are not aligning at the center of the container horizontally.
Am I missing something in my CSS code, or is there another property I should be using to achieve this alignment? Any help or guidance on how to properly center these items within the container using Flexbox would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Popular Frontend topics
Some days ago I came across a video teaching the internals of git. It had some nice diagrams and animations. The diagrams looked like han...
New
Why or when should one choose Tailwind over Bootstrap? :slight_smile:
New
Hi I have a gallery site which displays paintings according to selected category (oils, water-color, etc.) “on:click” event.
When this e...
New
Hi, have a svelte spa gallery site - repl here. Have a couple of category buttons - Oil on Canvas and WaterColor… Sidebar contains all im...
New
I’m trying to take the API from the site to get a seamless online game through the HTML5 API. It works in all browsers except Google Chro...
New
Background
I have a custom component in my LiveView, which is basically a group of checkboxes.
I want to add a new attribute to my custo...
New
I have done small amounts of programming for IOS and for Android, but now I need to create something that works with both.
What are the ...
New
I have an application where it is three layer
1st layer- A legacy core routines
2nd layer- built on top of the Core routine using Dotno...
New
hello , i should code a cluster like image bellow we have no challenge in coding backend but in front need some clue to do this
its a dy...
New
I am learning full-stack and wanted to know which tech would be best, which would scale better. This is because when sitting for intervie...
New
Other popular topics
New
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first:
asdf plugin-upd...
New
Author Spotlight
Jamis Buck
@jamis
This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
Author Spotlight
Mike Riley
@mriley
This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
Author Spotlight
Rebecca Skinner
@RebeccaSkinner
Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun
Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices.
Neil Smyth
MySQL...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









