ohm

ohm

Games! Which do you play?

Which, if any, games do you play? On what platform?

I just bought (and completed) Minecraft Dungeons for my Nintendo Switch. Other than that I play a bit of Factorio from time to time, also Oxygen Not Included and Don’t Starve (as well as Don’t Starve Together) all on my Macbook.

I just wish I had a bit more time to play. :sweat_smile:


Minecraft Dungeons is a dungeon crawler video game.

Factorio is a construction and management simulation game.

Oxygen Not Included is a survival simulation video game.

Don’t Starve (and Don’t Starve Together) is a survival video game. The difference is that Don’t Starve is a single-player game, while Don’t Starve Together is the multi-player version. They differ ever so slightly in game play.

Most Liked

wolf4earth

wolf4earth

I’ve recently bought a PS4 and have been enjoying all these tasty exclusives and some other games. It’s great to buy a console at the end of it’s lifecycle because you can get it and the games for a dime.

Right now I’m playing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I’m enjoying it so far but I also know that it ends very suddenly, so I’m bracing for that.

In addition to that I also own a Switch and have been playing Stardew Valley on and off. It’s a great change of pace and I find it very relaxing.

Before that I played (mostly on the PS4):

  • Watch Dogs 2
    didn’t finish it, probably will at some point though
  • Baba is you
    a mind twisting sokoban-like puzzle game where the rules of the game are also pushable and you need to manipulate them to complete the puzzles; big fun!
    Played it on the switch
  • Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
    didn’t finish, won’t finish it - I enjoyed it but it overstayed it’s welcome, it was simply too long
  • Alien Isolation
    usually I chicken out of horror games but this one really drew me in. I didn’t finish it yet but I plan to, I just needed a change of pace
  • Titanfall 2
    only played the campaign but damn was this a great experience, best shooter I’ve played in a while
  • Mass Effect Andromeda
    didn’t think it was as bad as people make it out to be, the core gameplay loop of exploring and fighting is fairly fun; finished it although it’s story was a bit meh
  • God of War
    finished it and enjoyed it very much, awesome game

Beyond that I got a bunch more of PS4 games waiting to be played. Bought them all for a dime.

I also own a gaming PC I’ve built a few years back but it’s not really functional atm. I need to reinstall Windows from scratch to get it back up and running but haven’t bothered to do that in the past few months because I’m busy enough as it is.

swelham

swelham

I haven’t had time to play any games for a few months now sadly, but the last game I played was Frostpunk.

It’s a city builder survival/resource management game where you’re responsible for running the last city on earth, which happens to be entirely frozen over.

ohm

ohm

One of my all-time favorite games Caesar III has just got a mod that fixes some of the bugs while also allowing me to play it on my Mac! The mod is called Augustus, however, it also has a pure port with bugs and all called Julius. Can’t wait to give that a spin sometime soon!

Caesar III is a city-building game released on September 30, 1998. (~22 years ago!)

Where Next?

Popular Science Tech topics Top

AstonJ
Specifically, Amazon as a retailer (but general comments welcome too). I’m asking because I think they’re miles ahead of everyone else r...
New
First poster: bot
Sony makes some of the best headphones. The WF-1000xm5? Terrific. WH-1000xm4? Fantastic. One of the best things about the latter is their...
New
First poster: bot
More than 30 years ago, Andreas Floer changed geometry. Now, two mathematicians have finally figured out how to extend his revolutionary ...
New
First poster: bot
A month into Russia’s invasion, Ukrainian troops stumbled upon a nondescript shipping container at an abandoned Russian command post outs...
New
First poster: andrea
As interest rates and antitrust pressure climbed in 2023, Alphabet made no major acquisitions for the first time in years. Apple, Amazon,...
New
CommunityNews
I had zero problems covering a major mobile trade show with this $350 Android smartphone from Nothing.
New
CommunityNews
Researchers think a combination of genetic edits and an experimental immunosuppressive drug could make the first pig kidney transplant a ...
New
CommunityNews
Rad Power Bikes’ new bikes have a renewed focus on safety, with encapsulated batteries, class switching, and now … turn signals.
New
CommunityNews
WIRED found thousands of ads running on Meta’s social platforms promoting sexually explicit “AI girlfriend" apps. Some human sex workers ...
New
Sadik
Have you noticed how tech is evolving to make our lives smarter and more seamless? I’ve been super curious about the latest innovations f...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New