AstonJ

AstonJ

Which keyboard do you have?

If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have?

Would you recommend it? Why?

What will your next keyboard be?

Pics always welcome :nerd_face:
:keyboard:

Most Liked

Dusty

Dusty

At home, I use a Minidox (DSA PBT blanks, Zealios, Sprit 62S, Tribosys 3204):

On the go, I carry a Planck (Godspeed MT3, Zealios, Catweewee 55, Tribosys 3204):

Overall, I prefer the Minidox, but the caps and springs on the Planck are better, so at some point I’d like to build another Minidox with that setup.

My layout is a Colemak mod with layers (home row mods, home row arrows, home row numbers, etc.). It can be viewed on QMK master. I use the same layout on both boards (the Planck is set up in a wide mod to match the Minidox—center columns and extra corner keys are unused).

You can read more of my writing about alt layouts in this gist.

Hallski

Hallski

I’m using a Varmilo VA69M with brown switches. I’ve been incredible happy with it since I got it, metal casing and great build quality. I enjoy having it on one of those giant mouse pads to soften sound a bit.

herminiotorres

herminiotorres

Hi folks, today I receive my Anne Pro II mechanical keyboard 60% with MX Cherry Silver Linear Switches, it’s so soft and smooth when I use to write I liked it a lot and very silent too.

and the software for this keyboard has options for mac, windows, and linux too, in hist software, I can create new layouts, and not only that I could update the firmware too.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

hauleth
This post is a followup of @AstonJ request here. We should start with some basis before we talk further - keyboard is in most cases the ...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
AstonJ
I found this video pretty informative - even if it could have been said in half the time!
New
AstonJ
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me. I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
First poster: bot
One of the questions I often come back to is this: how much of our collective wealth is inherited by our generations versus created by ou...
New
First poster: bot
We perform a detailed vertical analysis of application performance atop a range of modern file systems and SSD FTLs. We formalize the “un...
New
AstonJ
This might be my next keyboard (the down arrow on my Apple Magic Keyboard has stopped working :icon_rolleyes:) https://cdn.shopify.com/s...
New
AstonJ
I found an old electric monitor and thought I’d see what my LG5K monitor while connected to the Mac was using - it powers the Mac and all...
New
Ghost
Hello. I am totally green, if we talk about hardware. Could anybody recommend to me, how I could get into this knowledge? My main goal...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
AstonJ
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed! Check out all of our Keycaps threads here: https://forum....
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New