Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

(ArgumentError) unknown application: :bakeware

Background

When trying to execute mix release on a Windows 11 machine for a Phoenix project I get the following error:

* assembling market_manager-2.1.5 on MIX_ENV=prod
* using config/runtime.exs to configure the release at runtime
←[32m* assembling←[39m bakeware market_manager

** (ArgumentError) unknown application: :bakeware
    (elixir 1.15.4) lib/application.ex:1010: Application.app_dir/1
    (elixir 1.15.4) lib/application.ex:1041: Application.app_dir/2
    (bakeware 0.2.4) lib/bakeware/assembler.ex:71: Bakeware.Assembler.create_paths/1
    (bakeware 0.2.4) lib/bakeware/assembler.ex:83: Bakeware.Assembler.do_assemble/1
    (bakeware 0.2.4) lib/bakeware/assembler.ex:37: Bakeware.Assembler.assemble/1
    (mix 1.15.4) lib/mix/tasks/release.ex:1064: Mix.Tasks.Release.run_steps/1
    (mix 1.15.4) lib/mix/task.ex:447: anonymous fn/3 in Mix.Task.run_task/5
    (mix 1.15.4) lib/mix/cli.ex:92: Mix.CLI.run_task/2

I am using PowerShell with Admin privileges and I have set the following env variables:

$env:CC="gcc"
$env:MAKE="make"
$env:MIX_ENV="prod"

I have installed all the dependencies via choco with choco install -y zstandard make mingw.

Further, here are my system settings:

Edition	Windows 11 Home
Version	22H2
OS build	22621.2283
Experience	Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22662.1000.0

I am using: {:bakeware, "~> 0.2.4"} with Elixir 1.15.4 (compiled with Erlang/OTP 24)

I develop for windows users, so I can’t use Linux here.

Question

Why cant I make bakeware work?

Marked As Solved

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

It unfortunately seems that, at the time of writing this post, Bakeware is not being actively maintained. The successor appears to be Burrito:

However that does not work for windows either:

So I had to go with an alternative, in order to achieve a Windows release. This alternative solution uses Windows shortcuts and seems to work as a short term solution for anyone trying to have an easy launcher for Elixir applications in Windows systems:

If you are from the future and the official Bakeware issue post found a positive resolution, do feel free to update this thread. For the time being however, I am closing this.

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

chasekaylee
Hi there everyone! Recently, I have fallen in love with programming with Elixir and have been having so much fun with it. I have been do...
New
Jsdr3398
I’m trying to create a router where everything is in a collection of routes (similar to how I do my routes in expressjs). But it doesn’t ...
New
jaimeiniesta
I maintain a project that lists hundreds of thousands of web pages, and I’d like to show a screenshot for each web page. There are alread...
New
andrea
Can Phoenix LiveView be used in multi-page applications, unlike React/Vue/Blazor which seems to be targeted for SPA?
New
TwistingTwists
Hello Folks, I am a novice developer from India. Intending to learn Elixir and web apps (phoenix framework). What are things that I MUS...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I am trying to encode a structure into json format using the Jason library. However, this is not working as expected. Code L...
New
JimmyCarterSon
I am following this tutorial . I have followed carefully correcting errors as I go. The app allows you to create a blog post and add comm...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I am trying to find a cheap and easy way to create New Types in Elixir, and Records seem to be just what I would need. Probl...
New
osbre
Hello everyone I’m trying to implement a “magic link” or “one-time login link” functionality I wonder what a secure way to implement it...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I have recently been delving into more functional code. My objective right now is to get something similar to the IO Monad (in...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Jamis Buck @jamis This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
Help
I am trying to crate a game for the Nintendo switch, I wanted to use Java as I am comfortable with that programming language. Can you use...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New