sona11
isReachable in Java throws an IOException
If isReachable throws an IOException in Java, what is the right step to do and why?
The application, I believe, should halt the process and output the system message: the host is not accessible. Because isReachable throws an IOException, the host cannot be reached. But I’m not sure what the solution is. I would be grateful if you could assist me.
thank you very much
Popular Backend topics
When should you use Phoenix LiveView over Phoenix Channels?
New
Background
I am now trying Gradual type checking, as a consequence I am giving a shot to Gradient. As I see it, this is an alternative to...
New
Background
I am trying to up my Functional Programming (FP) skills and one of the things that newcomers first learn in FP is the Option T...
New
Hello,
I am. very new to Elixir lang I have only been doing it for about 2 weeks. I recently started following this tutorial todo list, ...
New
Wanted to check if there is a UI available to use Ora2pg tool.
New
Background
I have to queries that return a colossal amount of data on their own. I cannot use Repo.all as doing so would materialize thes...
New
I have a large SQL database with millions of records, and I’ve identified duplicate entries. What’s the most efficient way to find and re...
New
Hi everyone,
I’m trying to run deepseek-coder:6.7b-instruct-q4_K_M in Docker using Ollama to create an LLM that will be used by CrewAI a...
New
Background
As I often do, I read books to learn and improve myself. I also enjoy teaching and helping others when I can, so this is somet...
New
Anyone know how to get in golang? I am from elixir background?.
New
Other popular topics
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed!
Check out all of our Keycaps threads here:
https://forum....
New
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting:
asdf install erlang 23.1.2
Configure failed.
checking ...
New
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
New
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser.
...
New
Author Spotlight
Jamis Buck
@jamis
This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Latest in Java
Backend>Questions
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









