JimmyCarterSon

JimmyCarterSon

Ecto issue, not sure how to do this?

Hello,

I am. very new to Elixir lang I have only been doing it for about 2 weeks. I recently started following this tutorial todo list, and I am running into errors, everything was fine until timestamp 3:15 where “mix ecto.setup” is introduced. When I run this I immediately get
this error below?

00:40:53.173 [error] GenServer #PID<0.289.0> terminating
** (Postgrex.Error) FATAL 28000 (invalid_authorization_specification) role “postgres” does not exist
(db_connection 2.4.2) lib/db_connection/connection.ex:100: DBConnection.Connection.connect/2
(connection 1.1.0) lib/connection.ex:622: Connection.enter_connect/5
(stdlib 3.17) proc_lib.erl:226: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
Last message: nil
State: Postgrex.Protocol

00:40:53.208 [error] GenServer #PID<0.296.0> terminating
** (Postgrex.Error) FATAL 28000 (invalid_authorization_specification) role “postgres” does not exist
(db_connection 2.4.2) lib/db_connection/connection.ex:100: DBConnection.Connection.connect/2
(connection 1.1.0) lib/connection.ex:622: Connection.enter_connect/5
(stdlib 3.17) proc_lib.erl:226: :proc_lib.init_p_do_apply/3
Last message: nil
State: Postgrex.Protocol
** (Mix) The database for LiveViewTodos.Repo couldn’t be created: killed`

I am not sure how to fix it, I tried reinstalling and redoing, but nothing will get rid of this error. I created my own postgres Database on my local machine. How can connect it with the new project I am unable to continue the tutorial. I want to know what am I doing wrong? how can I fix this and continue my tutorial?

Marked As Solved

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Some Postgres installations don’t set it up properly for reasons unknown. You’ll have to create the default superuser yourself.

Also Liked

AstonJ

AstonJ

Have a look at this thread Jimmy - looks like you don’t have a postgres user:

:023:

JimmyCarterSon

JimmyCarterSon

Thanks, guys I found the solution. It turns out I didn’t have the correct User name and password!

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

Kurisu
Following on an old discussion I started on Elixir Forum here, I finally made my mind to learn Ruby on Rails in addition to Elixir/Phoen...
New
ohm
Does anybody have good learning resources with regards to going into Event Driven Design, Architecture or Sourcing? I got recommended Er...
New
joshi
Hey everybody! I’m working on the project that includes import of Oracle data to PostgreSQL. That data comes as Oracle export (expdp) fi...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I am trying to up my Functional Programming (FP) skills and one of the things that newcomers first learn in FP is the Option T...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background I am trying to encode a structure into json format using the Jason library. However, this is not working as expected. Code L...
New
AstonJ
If when trying to create (or recreate) your dev db with rails db:create you are getting: PG::ConnectionBad: connection to server on soc...
New
sona11
I studied very basic PHP (I believe). After that, I feel like I’ve gotten a handle on the language. My dream is to work as a web develope...
New
pillaiindu
Currently reading the book “Programming Phoenix LiveView”. At the end of the Chapter 1, I’m trying to solve the guess game. If the user ...
New
Patricia-Mendes13
Hi guys!! I´m studying and got a Full stack course but the course lacked a lot of support and and info to learn as it´s a course after wo...
New
apoorv-2204
Anyone know how to get in golang? I am from elixir background?.
New

Other popular topics Top

New
Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
This book forgoes the abstract and instead provides concrete examples to help you better leverage the unique properties of Elixir, Erlang...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New