Jase

Jase

What is the best blogging platform for self hosters?

Any opinions on the best platform for dev-friendly blogging?

Most Liked

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

I’m a huge fan of static site generators, nothing faster, can host it on a calculator, lol.

My usual ones are purely self-made, but I use Nikola on one of my things. There are a LOT of them though since they are so easy to build.

Phillipp

Phillipp

Jekyll is very popular, also because the Github integration. I wish Github would make it possible to have the same for other static site generators as it is kinda unfair to all the Jekyll alternatives.

What I do not like about Jekyll is it’s strict concept about being a blogging tool, with support for normal pages as well. I little bit more freedom would be nice.

lpil

lpil

Creator of Gleam

I will always go for static site generators, but if you want something dynamic I would go for Ghost. It’s like a new and much improved Wordpress

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

Jase
Any opinions on the best platform for dev-friendly blogging?
New
Jase
Do they publish their stacks or is it mostly a case of guesswork? Twitter facebook instagram snapchat tiktok google et all. Used to be we...
New
PaulMartin
Hey everyone! Do you have any tips or free resources that can help me learn Rspec? Although I know how to write some Rspec, I’m not very...
New
jaeyson
Is Rust still good to learn? Last time (ages ago) I heard there was changes made by the foundation. If not, is Go suitable for api and w...
New
harwind
I’m working on a SQL query for a database containing records of customer transactions. Each transaction has a transaction_id, customer_id...
New
harwind
I am working on a Python script, and you encounter an error related to the misuse of lists and tuples. Here’s a simplified version of you...
New
harwind
Hi, I’m now investigating the complexities of Python loops, specifically the contrast between for and while loops. However, I’ve had some...
New
Tazmeen
Hello, I am new to this forum. Not really sure if this topic is relevant for this chat at all. I apologize if its not. I am trying to c...
New
New
ninav50388
Hey everyone, I’ve been a long-time reader of these forums and always appreciate the technical depth here. Lately, I’ve been hitting a bi...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
DevotionGeo
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Create efficient, elegant software tests in pytest, Python's most powerful testing framework. Brian Okken @brianokken Edited by Kat...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New