AstonJ
Where do you get your tech/dev news?
I really like our #general-developer-forum:in-the-news section and am wondering whether we could automate some of the cross-posting of the more mainstream tech/dev news (probably go into a moderated section first then ‘approved’ if a good fit). So I’m wondering, where do you get your tech/dev news usually?
I generally get mine from forums like this or the tech section of The BBC website 
Most Liked
joargp
Lobste.rs is also good
4
brentjanderson
Biggest sources for me:
- Hacker News (Generally whatever’s in the top 10)
- Daring Fireball
3
almokhtar
devtalk news
reddit
dev.to
3
Popular General Dev topics
This article got me thinking about encrypted chat:
Europol said that French police had discovered some of EncroChat’s servers were lo...
New
The version of Java installed with Android Studio on my Mac is the following (when I run java -version)
openjdk version "1.8.0_242-relea...
New
What are the main stages of software development?
New
How can I apply a modified date and time to a variable? This is what I get when I execute the following query in SQL Server Mgmt Studio: ...
New
Hi everyone. Getting right to my question, I have recently thought about implementing payment by installment feature in my website. Who k...
New
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
I’ve been trying to dip my feet into using Unity and C# for the sake of developing games, however, I have barely any knowledge of how to ...
New
Hi!
I received an email from shopperapproved.com, I’ll copy-pasta here:
Hi ,
Would you be willing to help future Manning.com customers...
New
I’ve been researching monitor arms for the past few days because I want to improve my desk setup and make better use of my workspace. Aft...
New
Hey everyone, I’ve been a long-time reader of these forums and always appreciate the technical depth here. Lately, I’ve been hitting a bi...
New
Other popular topics
Hello Devtalk World!
Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
Algorithms and data structures are much more than abstract concepts. Mastering them enables you to write code that runs faster and more e...
New
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
Learn from the award-winning programming series that inspired the Elixir language, and go on a step-by-step journey through the most impo...
New
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
Hi folks,
I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc
Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
Author Spotlight
Jamis Buck
@jamis
This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time.
...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
- All
- In The News (11391)
- Dev Chat (208)
- Questions
- Resources (122)
- Blogs/Talks (29)
- Jobs (3)
- Events (15)
- Code Editors (59)
- Hardware (60)
- Reviews (5)
- Sales (16)
- Design & UX (5)
- Marketing & SEO (2)
- Industry & Culture (14)
- Ethics & Privacy (19)
- Business (4)
- Learning Methods (7)
- Content Creators (7)
- DevOps & Hosting (14)
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /markdown









