melston
Programming Elixir > 1.6 (page 167)
After following the instructions pretty successfully up to this point I find I can’t do a mix docs with the configuration given. I’m not sure what to do to get Earmark to work in this case.
When I ran mix docs as shown on page 167 I got the following:
Generating docs...
** (FunctionClauseError) no function clause matching in EarmarkParser.Helpers.LookaheadHelpers.has_still_opening_backtix/2
The following arguments were given to EarmarkParser.Helpers.LookaheadHelpers.has_still_opening_backtix/2:
# 1
[verbatim: "Handle the command line parsing and the dispatch to"]
# 2
nil
Attempted function clauses (showing 8 out of 8):
defp has_still_opening_backtix(-[]-, -:force_outside-)
defp has_still_opening_backtix(-[]-, +open+)
defp has_still_opening_backtix(-[{:other, _} | rest]-, +nil+)
defp has_still_opening_backtix(-[{:backtix, btx} | rest]-, +nil+)
defp has_still_opening_backtix(-[{:escape, _} | rest]-, +nil+)
defp has_still_opening_backtix(+[_ | rest]+, -:force_outside-)
defp has_still_opening_backtix(-[{:backtix, btx} | rest]-, -open = {_, openedbtx}-)
defp has_still_opening_backtix(+[_ | rest]+, -open = {_, _}-)
(earmark_parser 1.4.12) lib/earmark_parser/helpers/lookahead_helpers.ex:45: EarmarkParser.Helpers.LookaheadHelpers.has_still_opening_backtix/2
(earmark_parser 1.4.12) lib/earmark_parser/helpers/lookahead_helpers.ex:17: EarmarkParser.Helpers.LookaheadHelpers.opens_inline_code/1
(earmark_parser 1.4.12) lib/earmark_parser/parser.ex:531: EarmarkParser.Parser._inline_or_text?/2
(earmark_parser 1.4.12) lib/earmark_parser/parser.ex:359: EarmarkParser.Parser._consolidate_para/3
(earmark_parser 1.4.12) lib/earmark_parser/parser.ex:165: EarmarkParser.Parser._parse/4
(earmark_parser 1.4.12) lib/earmark_parser/parser.ex:66: EarmarkParser.Parser.lines_to_blocks/3
(earmark_parser 1.4.12) lib/earmark_parser/parser.ex:60: EarmarkParser.Parser.parse_lines/3
(earmark_parser 1.4.12) lib/earmark_parser/parser.ex:26: EarmarkParser.Parser.parse_markdown/2
I tried updating to the latest version of Earmark available but got the following when running mix docs:
...
== Compilation error in file lib/Issues/github_Issues.ex ==
** (Protocol.UndefinedError) protocol Enumerable not implemented for :info of type Atom
(elixir 1.11.2) lib/enum.ex:1: Enumerable.impl_for!/1
(elixir 1.11.2) lib/enum.ex:141: Enumerable.reduce/3
(elixir 1.11.2) lib/enum.ex:369: Enum.any?/2
(logger 1.11.2) lib/logger.ex:1020: Logger.macro_log/4
(logger 1.11.2) expanding macro: Logger.info/1
lib/Issues/github_Issues.ex:11: Issues.GithubIssues.fetch/2
I can eliminate the last set of errors by commenting out the calls to Logger.debug and Logger.info.
First Post!
faust
Hi, I know it’s a bit late to answer this, but I hope it might help someone else who faces the same situation.
I had the same problem, and the solution was to update the docs library.
I guess the ones in the book aren’t compatible with newer Elixir versions.
I ended up using:
{:ex_doc, "~> 0.29.1"},
{:earmark, "~> 1.4.33"},
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
page 37
ANTLRInputStream input = new ANTLRInputStream(is);
as of ANTLR 4 .8 should be:
CharStream stream = CharStreams.fromStream(i...
New
Python Testing With Pytest - Chapter 2, warnings for “unregistered custom marks”
While running the smoke tests in Chapter 2, I get these...
New
Hi,
build fails on:
bracket-lib = “~0.8.1”
when running on Mac Mini M1 Rust version 1.5.0:
Compiling winit v0.22.2
error[E0308]: mi...
New
I ran this command after installing the sample application:
$ cards add do something --owner Brian
And got a file not found error:
Fil...
New
@noelrappin
Running the webpack dev server, I receive the following warning:
ERROR in tsconfig.json
TS18003: No inputs were found in c...
New
Running mix deps.get in the sensor_hub directory fails with the following error:
** (Mix) No SSH public keys found in ~/.ssh. An ssh aut...
New
I’m under the impression that when the reader gets to page 136 (“View Data with the Database Inspector”), the code SHOULD be able to buil...
New
I’m a newbie to Rails 7 and have hit an issue with the bin/Dev script mentioned on pages 112-113.
Iteration A1 - Seeing the list of prod...
New
Modern front-end development for Rails, second edition - Struggling to get the first chapter to work
After running /bin/setup, the first error was: The foreman' command exists in these Ruby versions: That was easy to fix: gem install fore...
New
@parrt
In the context of Chapter 4.3, the grammar Java.g4, meant to parse Java 6 compilation units, no longer passes ANTLR (currently 4....
New
Other popular topics
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
There’s a whole world of custom keycaps out there that I didn’t know existed!
Check out all of our Keycaps threads here:
https://forum....
New
Small essay with thoughts on macOS vs. Linux:
I know @Exadra37 is just waiting around the corner to scream at me “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” but I...
New
Author Spotlight
Jamis Buck
@jamis
This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
This is cool!
DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON
We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /laravel









