GoulvenClech

GoulvenClech

Bridging industry-specific CRMs with Elixir

One challenge with industry-specific CRMs is the lack of standardisation.

Each has its own API (from modern REST APIs to legacy FTP servers) with different data structures, formats (JSON, XML, CSV), and documentation (or lack of)… without the proper architecture, it can turn into a spaghetti-code nightmare.

In this article, we’ll explore how Elixir « behaviours » helped us connect our real estate auction platform to multiple CRMs, without sacrificing maintainability and scalability!

Most Liked

mafinar

mafinar

I just came across this. I am going to read it later tonight. CRM and other line of business apps are good candidates to be made with Elixir and it’s a pity we don’t have many of those.

Thanks for sharing.

CernyGod

CernyGod

i’ve had to deal with syncing contacts and activities too, and ended up building a lightweight elixir app that polls their api and pushes updates into our system through a genserver

Where Next?

Popular Backend topics Top

lpil
Shayne gave this excellent talk the other day on Gleam, so I thought I’d share it. From my point of view it was really interesting to se...
New
New
First poster: bot
When I need to configure something in a complicated way, I find myself reviewing the embedded language that provided the server to create...
New
First poster: brennan
The perspective of an ignorant computer science undergrad It’s likely that you read the title of this post and thought “what is this guy ...
New
First poster: bot
I discovered Elixir and Go at about the same time (2019). I had pivoted almost eight years of working as a Java developer, and part of me...
New
pablocostass
Todos coñecemos os focos de Erlang/Elixir máis renomeados do mundo, como a Suecia, o Brasil, a California ou Londres. Mais a comunidade, ...
New
wolf4earth
Louis Pilfold is the creator of the Gleam programming language. He explains what Gleam is and tells us where it came from. He then dives...
New
axelson
I describe how we use Hot Reloading with Webpack to develop faster and show how to integrate Webpack 5, webpack-dev-server, and Phoenix f...
New
GoulvenClech
Hi everyone :wave: I’m excited to share an article detailing how we have reorganized our Elixir/Phoenix project’s directory structure. W...
New
brainlid
Episode 264 of Thinking Elixir. News includes Phoenix v1.8 shipping with an AGENTS markdown file for new apps to enhance coding agent exp...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Machine learning can be intimidating, with its reliance on math and algorithms that most programmers don't encounter in their regular wor...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
AstonJ
Or looking forward to? :nerd_face:
503 15149 280
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Programming Ruby is the most complete book on Ruby, covering both the language itself and the standard library as well as commonly used t...
New
AstonJ
If you’re getting errors like this: psql: error: connection to server on socket “/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed: No such file or directory ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New