sabibo

sabibo

gradle cannot download from a machine using IPv6

We recently switched some machines to a network that uses ipV6. Those machines are now unable to package our Unreal game for Android, due to gradle not being able to download as part of its build process. I’ve found a few references to this problem online. The most promising was the workaround described here:
https://github.com/gradle/gradle/issues/28642#issuecomment-2284849067

Namely, “Replace distributionUrl in wrapper/gradle-wrapper.properties.”

I tried https://gh-v6.com/gradle/gradle-distributions/releases/download/v6.1.1/gradle-6.1.1-all.zip
This file will download directly from a browser on the machine, but it fails when gradle tries to download it:
Has anyone run into this and solved it? I don’t know much about ipV6 or how to go about fixing this issue.

Thanks!

ubt> Exception in thread "main" java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect
ubt> 	at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
ubt> 	at java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:101)
ubt> 	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:399)
ubt> 	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:242)
ubt> 	at java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:224)
ubt> 	at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
ubt> 	at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:609)

Where Next?

Popular Android topics Top

Aathithyan
I need to know how to implement outgoing call in my custom application instead of using default phone call app i need my own app call.
New
AndroidDog123
I’m a developer working as a contractor for a company. I’m finding it confusing on how I should answer these questions? Has Google just b...
New
vsiPr
I am trying to develop an app which will make your smartphone act as a “keyboard”. I need it to send different symbols to another devices...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
nihar-gingercube
We have developed a audio/video calling functionality using opentok sdk, now we want to integrate speech recognizer for transcribing voic...
New
Garrett
I’m stuck trying to understand how to get a variable initialised, and later updated, in kotlin to update in Jetpack Compose and cause a c...
New
Alan
I need to create an android app to receive contactless payment from my clients. how can I start that? My clients will be phisicaly in the...
New
auroralane7754
Hey developers :waving_hand: I’m currently experimenting with various mobile VPN apps to simulate different network conditions for API t...
New
DuendeMartin
My Android Studio emulator is stuck on this loading screen. What’s going on?
New
deveshpatel-TW
I’m currently experimenting with Android Studio for a project that consists of multiple independent Android Library modules that internal...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
CommunityNews
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet. Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New