CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Not So Fast: AI Coding Tools Can Actually Reduce Productivity

Study Shows That Even Experienced Developers Dramatically Overestimate Gains

Read in full here:

Most Liked

chris.johan

chris.johan

If a programmer just blindly accepts what the AI coding tool suggests without understanding the code, then after a while, they won’t understand how the fix bugs.

jaeyson

jaeyson

welpppppp, just last night I had an argument with it (gem in eye, free ones pun unintended), and it just couldn’t solve the issue when running ansible-lint in CI runner :confused:

alvinkatojr

alvinkatojr

Glad this paper and article came out. Having the IDE get in your way with auto suggestions is a definite buzz kill.

AI is NOT a miracle cure.

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

New
First poster: jss
We are in the middle of an AI boom. Machine Learning experts command extraordinary salaries, investors are happy to open their hearts and...
New
First poster: CommunityNews
The use of facial recognition for surveillance, or algorithms that manipulate human behaviour, will be banned under proposed EU regulatio...
New
New
First poster: mercyf
It replicates your development environment and takes up to 30 minutes per task.
New
New
CommunityNews
I run Claude Code with --dangerously-skip-permissions flag, giving it full system access. Let me show you a new way of approaching comput...
New
CommunityNews
The glamourous AI coding agent for your favourite terminal :heart_with_arrow: - charmbracelet/crush
New
First poster: chris.johan
Stop vibe-coding blindly! Why reading AI-generated code is crucial in 2025. Avoid security flaws, architectural decay, and knowledge loss...
New
CommunityNews
Minions are Stripe’s homegrown coding agents, responsible for more than a thousand pull requests merged each week. Though humans review t...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
Margaret
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
1147 29994 760
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use WebRTC to build web applications that stream media and data in real time directly from one user to another, all in the browser. ...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New