Ujjwala

Ujjwala

I'm not getting permission to access full storage, although I added all permission requirements in manifest file. I'm using android 14 version(API 34)

I’m developing an Android application in which I need to add functionality to automatically read a CSV file from a file manager, parse it, and store the data in a database.

I have added all permissions but it says permission denied.

private void requestPermission() {
ActivityCompat.requestPermissions(this, new String{Manifest.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE}, REQUEST_CODE_READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE);
}

@Override
public void onRequestPermissionsResult(int requestCode, String[] permissions, int[] grantResults) {
    super.onRequestPermissionsResult(requestCode, permissions, grantResults);
    if (requestCode == REQUEST_CODE_READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE) {
        if (grantResults.length > 0 && grantResults[0] == PackageManager.PERMISSION_GRANTED) {
            Toast.makeText(this, "Permission Granted", Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
        } else {
            Toast.makeText(this, "Permission Denied", Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
        }
    }
}

Most Liked

johnfisher

johnfisher

Starting with Android 14, READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is replaced by READ_MEDIA_* for media files. For non-media files, use the Storage Access Framework (SAF) or request MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE. Add it to your manifest and guide users to enable it via Settings.ACTION_MANAGE_APP_ALL_FILES_ACCESS_PERMISSION. Note: Google Play restricts MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE.

Where Next?

Popular Android topics Top

husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
tauseeqafzal
Question: Android Developer → is there any way to read the .trash directory? → we can copy or save the file before delete ? #android...
New
Apoorv
I have made my version of browser on android platform.I have used chromium as base. I have build it successfully & but the logo or i...
New
cve60069
Hello I am starting the tearning curve to writing an app for my galaxy phone. Me and my friens play a lot of “Texas Hold-Em” and, for t...
New
freerefills
I have an android app whereby notifications will fire and immediately leave the tray. This doesn’t always happen, it’s unpredictable they...
New
sonit
Display is not working properly in landscape mode when projection given by pixel 7 version 13 in case of video play by youtube app after ...
New
Briannamari
Old android photo name sequence Help decoding file names Example. I want to see if a file name aligns with a time / date in which the p...
New
Rodion
Hello everyone, I recently started learning Kotlin and downloaded Android Studio, but after writing my first code and trying to run it, I...
New
paulo500
Can anyone help? I have an android projector with Google-licensed Android system loaded. It has the developer options passworded and th...
New
BobW
I have installed Android Studio Panda 3 and have created a default ‘Empty Activity’ project. When I connect a physical tablet, I can see...
New

Other popular topics Top

Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
AstonJ
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol: bre...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
AstonJ
Curious what kind of results others are getting, I think actually prefer the 7B model to the 32B model, not only is it faster but the qua...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New