CommunityNews

CommunityNews

We’re Light-Years Away from True Artificial Intelligence, Says Murderbot Author Martha Wells

Today’s large language models are hardly related to the kinds of machine intelligence we see in science fiction, according to Martha Wells, author of the Murderbot Diaries series

Read in full here:

Most Liked

jaeyson

jaeyson

until politics, greed, marketing and ads steps in…

Where Next?

Popular Ai topics Top

First poster: bot
DeepMind AI predicts incoming rainfall with high accuracy. Having flexed its muscles in predicting kidney injury, toppling Go champions ...
New
CommunityNews
Artificial intelligence is now smart enough to write tracks that earn streaming service royalties.
New
First poster: bot
A research group has taught AI to magnetically wrangle a high-powered stream of plasma used for fusion research — but wait! Put away your...
New
First poster: CommunityNews
A new computer program fashioned after artificial intelligence systems like AlphaGo has solved several open problems in combinatorics and...
New
First poster: bot
AI Wrote and Performed a Jerry Seinfeld Routine!. I used GPT-3 to write a Jerry Seinfeld stand-up routine about cats - and then used Dee...
New
First poster: DevotionGeo
Voice synthesis PR stunt calls upon the dead to help sell an AI product.
New
First poster: bot
AlphaTensor discovers better algorithms for matrix math, inspiring another improvement from afar.
New
First poster: brennan
It’s Not a Hypothetical, I’ve Already Lost My Job to AI For The Last Year
New
gfqdjb
With all the AI buzz around coding assistants, and being a bit concerned about being dependent on third-party cloud providers here, I dec...
New
CommunityNews
Reproducibility is a bedrock of scientific progress. However, it’s remarkably difficult to get reproducible results out of large language...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Instantly view the changes you make to an app with stateful hot reload, and define a declarative UI in the same language as the app logic...
New
brentjanderson
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
DevotionGeo
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
AstonJ
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New