Nevio

Nevio

Signing and distributing android apps on my site?

Hi,
I made an android app and created a signature with keytool. I then bundled the signature in the apk. So, I was wondering if, wanting to distribute the app through my site, I have to do something else, like validating the signature or other procedures.
I was wondering because I saw that to distribute the app on Google Play or AppGallery there is a signature validation process.I was also wondering if I should use the same keystore or not, if I want to distribute the app on the stores.

Thank you very much!

Most Liked

Veeran

Veeran

App stores like Google Play or AppGallery require specific signature validation during the submission process. It’s generally recommended to use the same keystore for consistency, but it’s not mandatory. Just ensure your signing keys are securely stored.

Where Next?

Popular Android topics Top

Shadow
Good afternoon. Brief story: My institution has several nfc tags in building which have to be scanned with specific app built and used in...
New
vsiPr
I am trying to develop an app which will make your smartphone act as a “keyboard”. I need it to send different symbols to another devices...
New
sonit
Display is not working properly in landscape mode when projection given by pixel 7 version 13 in case of video play by youtube app after ...
New
faust
Honest question, do companies still use Java for their new android apps? I thought everybody was using Kotlin these days.
New
skysnap
Helo, I’m using doubleviewpager in my project: Is there something similar that works with android x?
New
Dysentery
I am trying to implement the PIN entry page using device’s TEE. I have acquired the confidential OEM Documentation. It have some C++ code...
New
paulo500
Can anyone help? I have an android projector with Google-licensed Android system loaded. It has the developer options passworded and th...
New
John-xtreme
Hello everyone, I am new to Android development and I need some help. I am running Android Studio Narwhal 3 (version 2025.1.3) on Ubunt...
New
techrankers
I’m going through android application development and I’m trying to settle on an architecture that will remain maintainable as the projec...
New
bobj
The front screen cracked on my BLU J5L (FCC ID: YHLBLU5L20) months ago. The BLU company won’t won’t sell parts for it, or say which Chin...
New

Other popular topics Top

Devtalk
Hello Devtalk World! Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
AstonJ
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
First poster: AstonJ
Jan | Rethink the Computer. Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New