Sadik

Sadik

What’s the difference between AI in mobile phones and regular smart Android features?

I’ve been hearing a lot about AI in mobile phones lately, and I’m kind of confused about how it’s different from the usual smart features that Android phones already have. Like, I know Android has stuff like Google Assistant, face unlock, and all those smart options, but then there’s this “AI” term being thrown around everywhere. What’s the actual difference? Is it just a fancy name for features we’ve been using, or does it really add something new? I’m not super tech savvy, so if you guys could explain it in simple terms or share your thoughts, that’d be great. Maybe even some examples of AI in phones?

First Post!

johnfisher

johnfisher

AI in Phones: What’s the Difference?

AI takes smart features to the next level! Unlike basic automation, AI learns and adapts. For example:

  • Camera: AI enhances photos by recognizing scenes and adjusting settings automatically.
  • Voice Assistants: They don’t just follow commands—they understand context and improve over time.
  • Battery Optimization: AI learns your usage habits to extend battery life.

It’s more than a buzzword—it’s smarter, faster, and personal!

Where Next?

Popular Android topics Top

faust
Honest question, do companies still use Java for their new android apps? I thought everybody was using Kotlin these days.
New
Rodion
Hello everyone, I recently started learning Kotlin and downloaded Android Studio, but after writing my first code and trying to run it, I...
New
hasan10242048
There is an Android app. I just want to create two GRAPHS with CPU Runtime and Battery Consumption. It is as simple as this. I tried w...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
nihar-gingercube
We have developed a audio/video calling functionality using opentok sdk, now we want to integrate speech recognizer for transcribing voic...
New
Garrett
This is a question about Android Studio. Where is the Android Studio emulator’s camera default apartment 3D model stored in Android Stud...
New
Garrett
I’m stuck trying to understand how to get a variable initialised, and later updated, in kotlin to update in Jetpack Compose and cause a c...
New
langtec
I have installed Android studio, first the snap version, then downloaded Panda 2.x from the website. In both versions, the emulator keeps...
New
xolatgames
Hi folks! :victory_hand: How are you? :slightly_smiling_face: I’m newcommer here. Without useless words I want to ask you the question. ...
New
bobj
The front screen cracked on my BLU J5L (FCC ID: YHLBLU5L20) months ago. The BLU company won’t won’t sell parts for it, or say which Chin...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
AstonJ
Or looking forward to? :nerd_face:
503 15149 280
New
foxtrottwist
A few weeks ago I started using Warp a terminal written in rust. Though in it’s current state of development there are a few caveats (tab...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A concise guide to MySQL 9 database administration, covering fundamental concepts, techniques, and best practices. Neil Smyth MySQL...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
pragdave
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New