nihar-gingercube

nihar-gingercube

Can opentok call and native speech recognizer work together in Android

We have developed a audio/video calling functionality using opentok sdk, now we want to integrate speech recognizer for transcribing voice to text in the ongoing call using opentok. Now as the audio/video call has taken access of the microphone when i trigger speech recognizer’s speechRecognizer.startListening(intent); i get a message from system that Speech Recognizer cannot record as app name is recording. I see in the logs that speech recognition is off. I want to ask that is it possible to operate opentok call and speech recognizer together at the same time in android? If yes what is the possible solution. Here i am asking question in general anything which require exclusive access to the microphone ie RECORD_AUDIO permission. Please talk on validation to my statement that opentok or any audio component and speech recognizer or any audio component operate together? If yes what is the workaround from android side. Like can we tweak the permissions. Cloud speech engines are not in the consideration.

Where Next?

Popular Android topics Top

AndroidMan
I’ve tried signing up for Airnow as I used to do very well when they were Airpush, but i haven’t used them in years. I went through the s...
New
DAZ
Is it possible to develop an application that will generate NFC pulses even when the screen is off?
New
Shadow
Good afternoon. Brief story: My institution has several nfc tags in building which have to be scanned with specific app built and used in...
New
AndroidDog123
I’m a developer working as a contractor for a company. I’m finding it confusing on how I should answer these questions? Has Google just b...
New
cve60069
Hello I am starting the tearning curve to writing an app for my galaxy phone. Me and my friens play a lot of “Texas Hold-Em” and, for t...
New
sonit
Display is not working properly in landscape mode when projection given by pixel 7 version 13 in case of video play by youtube app after ...
New
sabibo
We recently switched some machines to a network that uses ipV6. Those machines are now unable to package our Unreal game for Android, du...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Dysentery
I am trying to implement the PIN entry page using device’s TEE. I have acquired the confidential OEM Documentation. It have some C++ code...
New
BobW
I have installed Android Studio Panda 3 and have created a default ‘Empty Activity’ project. When I connect a physical tablet, I can see...
New

Other popular topics Top

Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
AstonJ
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first: asdf plugin-upd...
New
mafinar
This is going to be a long an frequently posted thread. While talking to a friend of mine who has taken data structure and algorithm cou...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Mike Riley @mriley This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
NewsBot
Node.js v22.14.0 has been released. Link: Release 2025-02-11, Version 22.14.0 'Jod' (LTS), @aduh95 · nodejs/node · GitHub
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New