guidotripaldi
Exploring Graphs with Elixir: wrong id in triple (page 126)
Exploring Graphs with Elixir by @tonyhammond
According to the shorten form sample at the beginning of the page, the id in the long form should be “pragprog”, instead of “pragmatic”
The basic folded pattern shows a subject followed by a set of property/object
pairs. If we were to write this out in long form with each statement written as
subject/property/object (and with namespace prefixes substituted) we would
arrive at classic RDF triples:
# Error:
# <https://pragprog.com/> <https://example/id> "pragmatic" .
# Correction:
<https://pragprog.com/> <https://example/id> "pragprog" .
<https://pragprog.com/> <https://example/iri> "https://pragprog.com/" .
<https://pragprog.com/> <https://example/name> "The Pragmatic Bookshelf" .
<https://pragprog.com/> <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type>
<https://example/Publisher> .
Marked As Solved
tonyhammond
Author of Exploring Graphs with Elixir
OK, just fixing that now but it’s better to change the short form RDF (on p. 125, 126) to match the long form RDF (on p. 126), so that we have
p. 125
:id “pragmatic” ;
p. 126
ex:id “pragmatic” ;
https://pragprog.com/ https://example/id “pragmatic”
This is consistent with labeling in diagram on p.8 and with the semantic version on p. 127.
And, btw, thanks for drawing my attention to this as I see I also had the wrong :id value for the book itself on pp. 125 and 127.
was
:id “ben_marx” ;
should be, of course,
:id “adopting_elixir” ;
Changes should be in bext beta.
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
Running the examples in chapter 5 c under pytest 5.4.1 causes an AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘config’.
In particula...
New
Python Testing With Pytest - Chapter 2, warnings for “unregistered custom marks”
While running the smoke tests in Chapter 2, I get these...
New
Title: Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition, pg 116
Hi - I just started chapter 5 and I am stuck on page 116 while trying to star...
New
Dear Sophie.
I tried to do the “Authorization” exercise and have two questions:
When trying to plug in an email-service, I found the ...
New
When trying to generate the protobuf .go file, I receive this error:
Unknown flag: --go_opt
libprotoc 3.12.3
MacOS 11.3.1
Googling ...
New
I found an issue in Chapter 7 regarding android:backgroundTint vs app:backgroundTint.
How to replicate:
load chapter-7 from zipfile i...
New
Hi all,
currently I wonder how the Tailwind colours work (or don’t work).
For example, in app/views/layouts/application.html.erb I have...
New
Modern Front-End Development for Rails - application does not start after run bin/setup (page xviii)
After some hassle, I was able to finally run bin/setup, now I have started the rails server but I get this error message right when I vis...
New
@parrt
In the context of Chapter 4.3, the grammar Java.g4, meant to parse Java 6 compilation units, no longer passes ANTLR (currently 4....
New
I just bought this book to learn about Android development, and I’m already running into a major issue in Ch. 1, p. 20: “Update activity...
New
Other popular topics
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me.
I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
Hello everyone! This thread is to tell you about what authors from The Pragmatic Bookshelf are writing on Medium.
New
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
If you get Can't find emacs in your PATH when trying to install Doom Emacs on your Mac you… just… need to install Emacs first! :lol:
bre...
New
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming.
Minh Quang Tran
The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









