galtmidas

galtmidas

Exploring Graphs with Elixir: book examples and source doesn't compile (page 20)

The GitHub page for the source code 404s. The code in the zip file doesn’t compile. The source code in the book itself doesn’t match the code in the zip file. The source code in the book doesn’t compile. Doesn’t matter if I try it stand alone or put everything into an umbrella. There are missing functions all over the place.

Things are WAY out of sync. When do we get an up to date GitHub repo so that we can use this book? I’m aware that it’s a beta book, but up to date code, even if different from the book, shouldn’t be something that doesn’t exist.

I’ve bought many PragProg Beta books. Maybe this Beta book needs to go back to Alpha?

#book-exploring-graphs-with-elixir

Most Liked

tonyhammond

tonyhammond

Author of Exploring Graphs with Elixir

Hi @galtmidas:

Thanks for your comments about the poor state of the bundled code. You are spot on.

My bad. I had always intended to make the full project avaiable in its own GitHub repo and to just use the code snippets zip file for code that was actually shown in the book. Inevitably the two code sets diverged and I did not pay sufficient attention to keeping them synced.

The good news is that I have cleaned up my master code base and have copied that into the code distribution, so the zip file will now (on the upcoming beta release, anyway) contain the full, working project. (I have dropped any earlier plans to make a separate GitHub distribution available.)

Apologies for not having done this sooner. I guess I just couldn’t quite see the best way forward in managing two different code sets. It’s now just one. And it should compile. :slight_smile:

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

mikecargal
Title: Hands-on Rust: question about get_component (page 295) (feel free to respond. “You dug you’re own hole… good luck”) I have somet...
New
herminiotorres
Hi! I know not the intentions behind this narrative when called, on page XI: mount() |> handle_event() |> render() but the correc...
New
jskubick
I think I might have found a problem involving SwitchCompat, thumbTint, and trackTint. As entered, the SwitchCompat changes color to hol...
New
brunogirin
When I run the coverage example to report on missing lines, I get: pytest --cov=cards --report=term-missing ch7 ERROR: usage: pytest [op...
New
New
taguniversalmachine
It seems the second code snippet is missing the code to set the current_user: current_user: Accounts.get_user_by_session_token(session["...
New
s2k
Hi all, currently I wonder how the Tailwind colours work (or don’t work). For example, in app/views/layouts/application.html.erb I have...
New
kolossal
Hi, I need some help, I’m new to rust and was learning through your book. but I got stuck at the last stage of distribution. Whenever I t...
New
mcpierce
@mfazio23 I’ve applied the changes from Chapter 5 of the book and everything builds correctly and runs. But, when I try to start a game,...
New
roadbike
From page 13: On Python 3.7, you can install the libraries with pip by running these commands inside a Python venv using Visual Studio ...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
Exadra37
Please tell us what is your preferred monitor setup for programming(not gaming) and why you have chosen it. Does your monitor have eye p...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
First poster: bot
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig. General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
mindriot
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
xiji2646-netizen
Woke up to this today: Claude Code’s complete source code exposed via npm source map. Not a snippet. All 512,000 lines. 1,900 TypeScript ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New

Sub Categories: