chasekaylee

chasekaylee

What tools do you use to manage your productivity?

I’ve been using the classic notebook to-do list, but I’m curious to hear what awesome tools are out there that I am not aware of. I’m always looking to improve my personal workflow to stay focused. Thanks!

Most Liked

Exadra37

Exadra37

I am building one that as a focus on the Tasks for Today, and while I am building it I am actively using it to plan my work day.

The plan is to integrate it with Gitlab, Github, Jira, etc., so that I can have a unified view of everything I want to get done today. It will have a tab for Professional and Personal life. It will support priorities, notes, comments, topics, groups, backlog, permalinks, realtime updates, etc.

If you are wondering what the copy button is for:

I can now select what I want to copy to the clipboard in html format, thus when I past it in my Gmails it will have the same look, but if I paste it in my editor I get only the text.

Exadra37

Exadra37

I am thinking in adding the Promodoro technique to my Tasks Todo project.

Do more and have fun with time management

Over 2 million people have already used the Pomodoro Technique to transform their lives, making them more productive, more focused and even smarter.

For many people, time is an enemy. We race against the clock to finish assignments and meet deadlines. The Pomodoro Technique teaches you to work with time, instead of struggling against it. A revolutionary time management system, it is at once deceptively simple to learn and life-changing to use.

dimitarvp

dimitarvp

Good old self-guilt-tripping and depression have always done the trick! :laughing:

(But I started writing stuff down in a paper notebook lately. It helps me keep track of my “wins” and it does help with motivation and self-esteem for sure.)

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
Thread to discuss ideas and thoughts on how developers might be able help in the Coronavirus pandemic.
New
AstonJ
I just watched this: (tldr: remove bad choices so you don’t need to use willpower) It got me thinking about ways to incre...
New
AstonJ
If so, what was the last blog post you wrote… and if not, why not?
New
AstonJ
Looking at @siddhant3030’s photo from the Do you blog? thread, do you cover your computer or phone camera as a security precaution? Wha...
New
dasdom
No chair. I have a standing desk. This post was split into a dedicated thread from our thread about chairs :slight_smile:
New
AstonJ
Curious to know which languages and frameworks you’re all thinking about learning next :upside_down_face: Perhaps if there’s enough peop...
New
AstonJ
Just wondering whether you have a preference (I know I do!) poll
New
AstonJ
Do we have any digital nomads here? Anyone fancy it? If so, which countries would you consider? I’ve been toying with the idea for a wh...
New
malloryerik
With 100% less blockchain. I went searching for a lightweight immutable database that could be audited and ran into this. I guess this ...
New
DevotionGeo
Hi everyone! I bought this domain name when I was planning to create a website like ElixirSchool.com, but that didn’t ever happen. Now ...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have? Would you recommend it? Why? What will your next keyboard be? Pics always w...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
New
AstonJ
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart: A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
AnfaengerAlex
Hello, I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Explore the power of Ash Framework by modeling and building the domain for a real-world web application. Rebecca Le @sevenseacat and ...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Write elegant Ruby code—not just correct, but idiomatic. Go beyond the vocabulary and syntax and learn to express yourself with eloquence...
New
CommunityNews
Open-source implementation of the classic GTA engine now running directly in your browser. Experience the reVC technology demo on DOS.Zon...
New