CommunityNews
Revisiting interface segregation in Go
Object-oriented (OO) patterns get a lot of flak in the Go community, and often for good
reason.
Still, I’ve found that principles like SOLID, despite their OO origin, can be useful
guides when thinking about design in Go.
Recently, while chatting with a few colleagues new to Go, I noticed that some of them had
spontaneously rediscovered the Interface Segregation Principle (the “I” in SOLID) without
even realizing it. The benefits were obvious, but without a shared vocabulary, it was harder
to talk about and generalize the idea.
Read in full here:
Popular Backend topics
New
One of Haskell’s features that I really liked was list comprehensions, so I was very pleased to discover how nice Julia’s comprehensions ...
New
Is Rust Used Safely by Software Developers?.
Rust, an emerging programming language with explosive growth, provides a
robust type syste...
New
Multicore OCaml by kayceesrk · Pull Request #10831 · ocaml/ocaml.
This PR adds support for shared-memory parallelism through domains and...
New
GitHub - nanobowers/py2cr: Python3 to Crystal Translation using Python AST Walker.
Python3 to Crystal Translation using Python AST Walke...
New
By the end of this guide we’ll have a minimal, working implementation of a small part of Lua from scratch.
New
GitHub - Vexu/arocc: A C compiler written in Zig…
A C compiler written in Zig. Contribute to Vexu/arocc development by creating an accou...
New
GitHub - audulus/rui: Experimental Rust UI library.
Experimental Rust UI library. Contribute to audulus/rui development by creating an a...
New
C++ Cheat Sheets & Infographics.
Graphics and cheat sheets, each capturing one aspect of C++: algorithms/containers/STL, language ba...
New
crubit/design.md at main · google/crubit.
Contribute to google/crubit development by creating an account on GitHub.
New
Other popular topics
Hello Devtalk World!
Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
In case anyone else is wondering why Ruby 3 doesn’t show when you do asdf list-all ruby :man_facepalming: do this first:
asdf plugin-upd...
New
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
This is a very quick guide, you just need to:
Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/
Click on search
Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework.
Miguel Gr...
New
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /deepseek
- /ash
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /nodejs
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /laravel









