mikecargal

mikecargal

Apple Game Frameworks and Technologies: Show the Game Center Dashboard failing

Title: Name of book: Apple Game Frameworks and Technologies: Show the Game Center Dashboard failing (page 383…)

At the risk of embarrassing myself again (not that I should not be accustomed to it by now).

(As far as I can tell after reviewing all the instructions against my code changes several times) I’ve made all the changes to display the dashboard, leaderboard, and achievements, but when I click on the “Game Center” button. Nothing happens. The console log displays the following log lines:

2021-01-25 10:26:38.134412-0500 hog[41162:2431231] [Error] We failed to present Game Center dashboard extension.
2021-01-25 10:26:39.178478-0500 hog[41162:2431934] [AXRuntimeCommon] Unknown client: hog

By any chance, is this something obvious to someone with more experience hooking this up?

I’ve grepped around a bit and notice that the app is set up as hog.app, but all instructions are setting up bundle identifiers and everything on the developer site as hogdice. I don’t see anything obvious about why these would have to match, so probably looking in the wrong area.

Gonna go do a workout and come back to it… (at which point, I’ll promptly re-read, see where I missed a paragraph of instructions, and post a mea culpa reply again)

First Post!

mikecargal

mikecargal

TL;DR — follow ALL of the instructions :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And… sure enough… page 372 (" 6.Sign out of your Apple ID on all testing devices and sign back in with your new sandbox tester account.")

Was the minor detail I missed… I had signed into Game Center in the app, but didn’t do it on the simulator main iCloud account.

Now If I can just figure out what the ^%$^&%$ thing is on a yellow background :roll_eyes:

(actually, that looks like a simulator bug… looks fine on the iPhone simulator) (apparently a known bug on Big Sur on iMac)

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

johnp
Running the examples in chapter 5 c under pytest 5.4.1 causes an AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘config’. In particula...
New
jesse050717
Title: Web Development with Clojure, Third Edition, pg 116 Hi - I just started chapter 5 and I am stuck on page 116 while trying to star...
New
mikecargal
Title: Hands-on Rust: question about get_component (page 295) (feel free to respond. “You dug you’re own hole… good luck”) I have somet...
New
Chrichton
Dear Sophie. I tried to do the “Authorization” exercise and have two questions: When trying to plug in an email-service, I found the ...
New
curtosis
Running mix deps.get in the sensor_hub directory fails with the following error: ** (Mix) No SSH public keys found in ~/.ssh. An ssh aut...
New
fynn
This is as much a suggestion as a question, as a note for others. Locally the SGP30 wasn’t available, so I ordered a SGP40. On page 53, ...
New
Charles
In general, the book isn’t yet updated for Phoenix version 1.6. On page 18 of the book, the authors indicate that an auto generated of ro...
New
s2k
Hi all, currently I wonder how the Tailwind colours work (or don’t work). For example, in app/views/layouts/application.html.erb I have...
New
rainforest
Hi, I’ve got a question about the implementation of PubSub when using a Phoenix.Socket.Transport behaviour rather than channels. Before ...
New
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Write Elixir tests that you can be proud of. Dive into Elixir’s test philosophy and gain mastery over the terminology and concepts that u...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
AstonJ
poll poll Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Learn different ways of writing concurrent code in Elixir and increase your application's performance, without sacrificing scalability or...
New
DevotionGeo
The V Programming Language Simple language for building maintainable programs V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
New
sir.laksmana_wenk
I’m able to do the “artistic” part of game-development; character designing/modeling, music, environment modeling, etc. However, I don’t...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Overarching tutorial for Python beginner and intermediate developers that teaches web development with the Flask framework. Miguel Gr...
New

Sub Categories: