codetojoy
Programming WebAssembly with Rust: building Rogue WebAssembly game
I’m trying to build the Rogue WebAssembly game from chapter 4, using the code provided on the website.
In build.sh, the wasm-bindgen command is failing with the stack-trace at [1] below. My version of wasm-bindgen is 0.2.67. I have tried changing the Cargo.toml file to “0.2”, instead of “^0.2”, but the result is the same.
thanks!
Michael
p.s. I am enjoying the book, though it might be better to have the code hosted on GitHub?
[1] -
$ wasm-bindgen target/wasm32-unknown-unknown/debug/roguewasm.wasm --out-dir .
thread 'main' panicked at 'remaining data [23]', [SNIP]/wasm-bindgen-cli-support-0.2.67/src/descriptor.rs:109:9
stack backtrace:
0: <std::sys_common::backtrace::_print::DisplayBacktrace as core::fmt::Display>::fmt
1: core::fmt::write
2: std::io::Write::write_fmt
3: std::panicking::default_hook::{{closure}}
4: std::panicking::default_hook
5: std::panicking::rust_panic_with_hook
6: rust_begin_unwind
7: std::panicking::begin_panic_fmt
8: wasm_bindgen_cli_support::descriptors::execute
9: wasm_bindgen_cli_support::Bindgen::generate_output
10: wasm_bindgen_cli_support::Bindgen::generate
11: wasm_bindgen::main
12: std::rt::lang_start::{{closure}}
13: std::rt::lang_start_internal
14: main
Most Liked
codetojoy
With wonderful help from friends [1], here are steps that enabled the jsint_roguewasm example on my machine:
- edit
index.jsto import from./pkg/roguewasminstead of./roguewasm - edit
src/lib.rsto import from../indexinstead of./index - in
build.sh, replace thewasm-bindgencommand withwasm-pack build
[1] - Many thanks to Chris Macrae and Evan Theriault
3
Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics
Working through the steps (checking that the Info,plist matches exactly), run the demo game and what appears is grey but does not fill th...
New
your book suggests to use Image.toByteData() to convert image to bytes, however I get the following error: "the getter ‘toByteData’ isn’t...
New
Hello! On page xix of the preface, it says there is a community forum "… for help if your’re stuck on one of the exercises in this book… ...
New
Hi,
build fails on:
bracket-lib = “~0.8.1”
when running on Mac Mini M1 Rust version 1.5.0:
Compiling winit v0.22.2
error[E0308]: mi...
New
I can’t setup the Rails source code. This happens in a working directory containing multiple (postgres) Rails apps.
With:
ruby-3.0.0
s...
New
I am working on the “Your Turn” for chapter one and building out the restart button talked about on page 27. It recommends looking into ...
New
I ran this command after installing the sample application:
$ cards add do something --owner Brian
And got a file not found error:
Fil...
New
@noelrappin
Running the webpack dev server, I receive the following warning:
ERROR in tsconfig.json
TS18003: No inputs were found in c...
New
“The ProductLive.Index template calls a helper function, live_component/3, that in turn calls on the modal component. ”
Excerpt From: Br...
New
Hi, I have just acquired Michael Fazio’s “Kotlin and Android Development” to learn about game programming for Android. I have a game in p...
New
Other popular topics
Hello Devtalk World!
Please let us know a little about who you are and where you’re from :nerd_face:
New
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
From finance to artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms are a powerful tool with a wide array of applications. But you don't need an ...
New
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
The V Programming Language
Simple language for building maintainable programs
V is already mentioned couple of times in the forum, but I...
New
We’ve talked about his book briefly here but it is quickly becoming obsolete - so he’s decided to create a series of 7 podcasts, the firs...
New
Author Spotlight
Mike Riley
@mriley
This month, we turn the spotlight on Mike Riley, author of Portable Python Projects. Mike’s book ...
New
Jan | Rethink the Computer.
Jan turns your computer into an AI machine by running LLMs locally on your computer. It’s a privacy-focus, l...
New
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /spring
- /ubuntu
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /lua
- /diversity
- /markdown









