AstonJ
Most Liked
AstonJ
Vim search from bottom
I use Vim when remotely connected to servers - I often need to look through the log files and a great way to search from the bottom up is:
G (Shift + g) to go to the bottom
$ to go to the end of the line
? to start a search from the bottom up
search_term - whatever you want to search for
n for next item
N for previous
For example:
G $ tag

3
jaeyson
:3,4co. copies lines 3 to 4, where . (full stop) means below your cursor
or
:3,4co14 pastes it below line 14. quite handy instead of manually yank
3
tebeka
Author of Go Brain Teasers
* search for word under the cursor.
Follow https://www.vimgolf.com/ 
2
Popular General Dev topics
If you would prefer your file tree to be on the right hand side in Onivim, just:
CTRL (or CMD) + SHIFT + P
Then start to type config th...
New
What you need to know before try Emacs.
When it comes to Emacs, every programmer should have heard its name more or less. After all, Ema...
New
Inspired by some of the comments in our https://forum.devtalk.com/t/your-vim-tips/4748 (in particular those by Mafinar and Hallski) …what...
New
In 2018 Bryan Cantrill gave a brilliant talk where he shared his recent experiences with the Rust programming language. More profoundly, ...
New
adobe/brackets.
An open source code editor for the web, written in JavaScript, HTML and CSS. - adobe/brackets
This thread was posted...
New
https://vimgifs-544mvq4w0-mraza007.vercel.app/
This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.
New
At Replit, we want to give our users the most powerful, flexible, and easy-to-get-started coding environment. However, it has been limiti...
New
This article is the fifth of the series aimed to teach Vim from the ground up:
Vim from the ground up
Vim for Beginners
Vim for Interm...
New
So, I actually got my Onivim License Key a while back.
Am a Vim user for about 4 years.
For me it was never ready enough for getting ac...
New
I want to declare max of length in case condition i.e 7 but getting a syntax error near select in this code.
DECLARE @SQ Int(MAX)
SELEC...
New
Other popular topics
If it’s a mechanical keyboard, which switches do you have?
Would you recommend it? Why?
What will your next keyboard be?
Pics always w...
New
I ended up cancelling my Moonlander order as I think it’s just going to be a bit too bulky for me.
I think the Planck and the Preonic (o...
New
Author Spotlight
Jamis Buck
@jamis
This month, we have the pleasure of spotlighting author Jamis Buck, who has written Mazes for Prog...
New
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply…
File > New Rule:
And select Deny, O...
New
zig/http.zig at 7cf2cbb33ef34c1d211135f56d30fe23b6cacd42 · ziglang/zig.
General-purpose programming language and toolchain for maintaini...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Fight complexity and reclaim the original spirit of agility by learning to simplify how you develop software. The result: a more humane a...
New
Background
Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Build robust LLM-powered apps, chatbots, and agents while mastering AI engineering principles that will help you outlast the tools and th...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
- All
- In The News (11369)
- Dev Chat (208)
- Questions (37)
- Resources (122)
- Blogs/Talks (29)
- Jobs (3)
- Events (15)
- Code Editors
- Hardware (60)
- Reviews (5)
- Sales (16)
- Design & UX (5)
- Marketing & SEO (2)
- Industry & Culture (14)
- Ethics & Privacy (19)
- Business (4)
- Learning Methods (7)
- Content Creators (7)
- DevOps & Hosting (14)
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /arch-linux
- /nodejs
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /diversity
- /lua
- /quarkus
- /markdown










