CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Magit 3.0 - A Git interface inside Emacs

It’s Magit! A Git interface inside Emacs

Magit is a text-based Git user interface that puts an unmatched focus on streamlining workflows. Commands are invoked using short mnemonic key sequences that take the cursor’s position in the highly actionable interface into account to provide context-sensitive behavior.

With Magit you can do nearly everything that you can do when using Git on the command-line, but at greater speed and while taking advantage of advanced features that previously seemed too daunting to use on a daily basis. Many users will find that by using Magit they can become more effective Git user.

Read in full here:

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our news source trackers.

Most Liked

OvermindDL1

OvermindDL1

Magit is awesome. I rarely use git UI’s but it’s the best I’ve seen by far so far.

Hallski

Hallski

Yeah, exactly the same. Though I ended up using it quite a lot when using Emacs as my main editor as it’s usually faster than to trigger a terminal and do it manually.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

First poster: bot
Why I Teach vim. The why of why people use vim has been covered fairly extensively, so I thought I would spend a little time explaining ...
New
New
AstonJ
Inspired by some of the comments in our https://forum.devtalk.com/t/your-vim-tips/4748 (in particular those by Mafinar and Hallski) …what...
New
CommunityNews
I was a rather puzzled the first time I spotted DWIM in an Emacs interactive command name. Don’t think I remember what the command itself...
New
nirg
So, I actually got my Onivim License Key a while back. Am a Vim user for about 4 years. For me it was never ready enough for getting ac...
New
CommunityNews
This is neither an in-depth article about advanced vim features nor is it an ideology-inducing primer on why the oh-so-powerful god of ed...
New
First poster: bot
Vim’s netrw file browser is good enough. With a few tweaks there is no need for plugin like NERDtree. For many tasks you may not even nee...
New
First poster: jaeyson
Nova. The beautiful, fast, flexible, native Mac code editor from Panic.
New
AstonJ
This was interesting: He’s definitely more of an Emacs fan (which is fine) and the thing I found interesting is how you wo...
New
First poster: malloryerik
A modern open source code editor in Rust Native GUI and Rust powered performance, we as developers know what you need for an essential to...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
Exadra37
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
Was just curious to see if any were around, found this one: I got 51/100: Not sure if it was meant to buy I am sure at times the b...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Author Spotlight Rebecca Skinner @RebeccaSkinner Welcome to our latest author spotlight, where we sit down with Rebecca Skinner, auth...
New
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
AstonJ
This is a very quick guide, you just need to: Download LM Studio: https://lmstudio.ai/ Click on search Type DeepSeek, then select the o...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Quickly turn complex problems into simple, working solutions using functional programming, safe concurrency, and the expressive tools of ...
New