sona11
Declaring length in sql server
I want to declare max of length in case condition i.e 7 but getting a syntax error near select in this code.
DECLARE @SQ Int(MAX)
SELECT @SQ= MAX(LEN(FIRST_NAME)) FROM #table
SELECT @SQ
-- 7
DROP TABLE #T
SELECT CASE WHEN LEN(SEQ_NUM) = 0 THEN NULL ELSE SEQ_NUM END AS REC_NUM,
CASE WHEN LEN(FIRST_NAME) = 0 THEN NULL ELSE CONVERT(CHAR(SELECT @SQ= MAX(LEN(FIRST_NAME))
FROM #table),RTRIM(UPPER(FIRST_NAME))) END AS FIRST_NAME
INTO #T
FROM #table
--== Need 7 Char(7) -- Max of len
DROP TABLE #T
SELECT CASE WHEN LEN(SEQ_NUM) = 0 THEN NULL ELSE SEQ_NUM END AS REC_NUM,
CASE WHEN LEN(FIRST_NAME) = 0 THEN NULL ELSE CONVERT(CHAR(7),RTRIM(UPPER(FIRST_NAME))) END AS FIRST_NAME
INTO #T
FROM #table
I tried figuring it out and also went through this resource that has similar things but was still unable to find the solution. Can anyone help me out in finding the solution? Thank you.
Popular General Dev topics
New
At Replit, we want to give our users the most powerful, flexible, and easy-to-get-started coding environment. However, it has been limiti...
New
It’s Magit! A Git interface inside Emacs
Magit is a text-based Git user interface that puts an unmatched focus on streamlining workflows....
New
So, I actually got my Onivim License Key a while back.
Am a Vim user for about 4 years.
For me it was never ready enough for getting ac...
New
Is Onivim a good candidate for Elixir development ?
For the moment I use, based on my mood – I guess, a combination of VSCode and LunarV...
New
Why?
Why create Slate? Well… (Beware: this section has a few of my opinions!)
Before creating Slate, I tried a lot of the other rich tex...
New
Nova.
The beautiful, fast, flexible, native Mac code editor from Panic.
New
Vim 9.0 released
After many years of gradual improvement Vim now takes a big step with a major release. Besides many small additions the ...
New
I want to declare max of length in case condition i.e 7 but getting a syntax error near select in this code.
DECLARE @SQ Int(MAX)
SELEC...
New
In 2021 I found a huge memory leak in VS code, totalling around 64 GB when I first saw it, but with no actual limit on how high it could ...
New
Other popular topics
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
Ruby, Io, Prolog, Scala, Erlang, Clojure, Haskell. With Seven Languages in Seven Weeks, by Bruce A. Tate, you’ll go beyond the syntax—and...
New
I am thinking in building or buy a desktop computer for programing, both professionally and on my free time, and my choice of OS is Linux...
New
I know that -t flag is used along with -i flag for getting an interactive shell. But I cannot digest what the man page for docker run com...
New
Start building native Android apps the modern way in Kotlin with Jetpack's expansive set of tools, libraries, and best practices. Learn h...
New
This looks like a stunning keycap set :orange_heart:
A LEGENDARY KEYBOARD LIVES ON
When you bought an Apple Macintosh computer in the e...
New
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Big O Notation can make your code faster by orders of magnitude. Get the hands-on info you need to master data structures and algorithms ...
New
A Brief Review of the Minisforum V3 AMD Tablet.
Update: I have created an awesome-minisforum-v3 GitHub repository to list information fo...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
- All
- In The News (11415)
- Dev Chat (208)
- Questions (38)
- Resources (122)
- Blogs/Talks (29)
- Jobs (3)
- Events (15)
- Code Editors
- Hardware (60)
- Reviews (5)
- Sales (16)
- Design & UX (5)
- Marketing & SEO (2)
- Industry & Culture (14)
- Ethics & Privacy (19)
- Business (4)
- Learning Methods (7)
- Content Creators (7)
- DevOps & Hosting (14)
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /deepseek
- /ash
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /react-native
- /scala
- /lisp
- /sublime-text
- /textmate
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /lua
- /diversity
- /quarkus
- /laravel









