CommunityNews

CommunityNews

Why I Still Use Vim

This thread was posted by one of our members via one of our automated news source trackers.

Where Next?

Popular General Dev topics Top

AstonJ
SpaceVim seems to be gaining in features and popularity and I just wondered how it compares with SpaceMacs in 2020 - anyone have any thou...
New
New
First poster: bot
Batteries included with Emacs. Emacs has a reputation for being borderline unusable out of the box, of being bloated but somehow surpris...
New
First poster: bot
At least one Vim trick you might not know • Hillel Wayne. I’ve been using Vim for eight years and am still discovering new things. This...
New
First poster: bot
Goodwill Strikes Again A symptom of heavy Vim usage is that your brain begins to re-partition old memories for keyboard shortcuts— trashi...
New
First poster: bot
See full diagram here: https://rawgit.com/darcyparker/1886716/raw/eab57dfe784f016085251771d65a75a471ca22d4/vimModeStateDiagram.svg This...
New
XSukhpreet
I think for now VsCode is getting very much goody at developer side, even thou sublime text 4 is faster . But if Onivim take these two an...
New
First poster: bot
Modal editor · Faster as in fewer keystrokes · Multiple selections · Orthogonal design
New
sona11
I want to declare max of length in case condition i.e 7 but getting a syntax error near select in this code. DECLARE @SQ Int(MAX) SELEC...
New
malloryerik
I’m trying it out tonight. Any tips or experiences? I’ve actually had quite a bit of success with chatting with GPT-4, at least until it...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Design and develop sophisticated 2D games that are as much fun to make as they are to play. From particle effects and pathfinding to soci...
New
AstonJ
poll poll Be sure to check out @Dusty’s article posted here: An Introduction to Alternative Keyboard Layouts It’s one of the best write-...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rust is an exciting new programming language combining the power of C with memory safety, fearless concurrency, and productivity boosters...
New
AstonJ
Just done a fresh install of macOS Big Sur and on installing Erlang I am getting: asdf install erlang 23.1.2 Configure failed. checking ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build highly interactive applications without ever leaving Elixir, the way the experts do. Let LiveView take care of performance, scalabi...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Rails 7 completely redefines what it means to produce fantastic user experiences and provides a way to achieve all the benefits of single...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build efficient applications that exploit the unique benefits of a pure functional language, learning from an engineer who uses Haskell t...
New
husaindevelop
Inside our android webview app, we are trying to paste the copied content from another app eg (notes) using navigator.clipboard.readtext ...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Use advanced functional programming principles, practical Domain-Driven Design techniques, and production-ready Elixir code to build scal...
New