Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Phoenix 1.7 welcome page assets not showing properly

Background

I have a a fresh umbrella project with a Phoenix app inside. To create the app I used the following commands:

  1. mix new test_app --umbrella
  2. cd test_app/apps
  3. mix phx.new.web web_interface --no-dashboard --no-ecto --no-gettext --no-mailer
  4. cd web_interface
  5. Add {Phoenix.PubSub, name: WebInterface.PubSub} to lib/application.ex
  6. Inside web_interface folder mix setup
  7. mix assets.deploy
  8. iex -S mix phx.server

After this last command I am then greeted with:

λ iex -S mix phx.server
03:18:31.953 [info] Running WebInterface.Endpoint with cowboy 2.10.0 at 127.0.0.1:4000 (http)
03:18:32.039 [info] Access WebInterface.Endpoint at http://localhost:4000
[watch] build finished, watching for changes…
Interactive Elixir (1.14.1) - press Ctrl+C to exit (type h() ENTER for help)
iex(1)> Browserslist: caniuse-lite is outdated. Please run:
npx update-browserslist-db@latest
Why you should do it regularly: GitHub - browserslist/update-db: CLI tool to update caniuse-lite to refresh target browsers from Browserslist config
iex(1)>
iex(1)> Rebuilding…
iex(1)>
iex(1)> Done in 476ms.
iex(1)>

Which outside of the warning for an outdated package, raises nothing to indicate that a step is missing/failed.

However, when I login into localhost:4000, I see this:

2c65a4fc3bcac39d737843a2ad3a334e0301c4d2

Which clearly means something is wrong.

Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

Marked As Solved

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Turns out this is a bug with the mix task, it simply generates the wrong code for umbrella phoenix apps:

With the help of the wonderful people at Elixir’s Discord chat, we raised this ticket.
Hopefully, it will eventually be fixed.

In the meantime, if you are creating a Phoenix umbrella app, you can try the theoretical workaround provided in the ticket created. However, since I am not sure this is the way the Phoenix team is going to go with fixing this, I would personally still wait for their fix, or at least for confirmation they are going to implement it this way.

Where Next?

Popular Frontend topics Top

ClaudiaGiv
I have a sveltekit project that is using GoTrue library for authentication. In development mode (npm run dev) everything works but when I...
New
jubocade
What is the best course of front end (live webinars or recorded)? So I already have basic understanding of HTML CSS JS and React but I wa...
New
The_Exile
I am new to programming. I started reading Eloquent Javascript 3rd Edition, as the book comes highly recommended as a good place for beg...
/js
New
pillaiindu
I mean, when you render all the HTML at the server side and the data is sent through HTTP requests, except only if some tiny things are d...
New
david-j-m
Hi, have a svelte spa gallery site - repl here. Have a couple of category buttons - Oil on Canvas and WaterColor… Sidebar contains all im...
New
palak231
Hi this is Palak Sharma I am new here and I found this community while researching about JavaScript over the internet. Well I have comp...
/js
New
sona11
I have a 1D array of numbers and need help splitting them into groups using a jagged array so that I can perform a series of computations...
New
sona11
I’m currently working on a JavaScript project that involves converting user-supplied text to numbers. Dealing with different areas and th...
/js
New
pjamesrud
I am creating an app that allows user to enter values and depending on the value a number of textviews are changed programmatically from ...
New
PickyBiker
I have done small amounts of programming for IOS and for Android, but now I need to create something that works with both. What are the ...
New

Other popular topics Top

AstonJ
You might be thinking we should just ask who’s not using VSCode :joy: however there are some new additions in the space that might give V...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Tailwind CSS is an exciting new CSS framework that allows you to design your site by composing simple utility classes to create complex e...
New
Exadra37
Oh just spent so much time on this to discover now that RancherOS is in end of life but Rancher is refusing to mark the Github repo as su...
New
Maartz
Hi folks, I don’t know if I saw this here but, here’s a new programming language, called Roc Reminds me a bit of Elm and thus Haskell. ...
New
AstonJ
If you want a quick and easy way to block any website on your Mac using Little Snitch simply… File > New Rule: And select Deny, O...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Build modern server-driven web applications using htmx. Whatever programming language you use, you’ll write less (and cleaner) code. ...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
A masterclass in the fundamentals and principles of functional programming. Minh Quang Tran The Art of Functional Programming is a ma...
New
AstonJ
This is cool! DEEPSEEK-V3 ON M4 MAC: BLAZING FAST INFERENCE ON APPLE SILICON We just witnessed something incredible: the largest open-s...
New
RobertRichards
Hair Salon Games for Girls Fun Girls Hair Saloon game is mainly developed for kids. This game allows users to select virtual avatars to ...
New
xiji2646-netizen
There’s a GitHub repo at forrestchang/andrej-karpathy-skills that’s sitting at 97.8k stars. It’s a single CLAUDE.md file with four behavi...
New