sehHeiden

sehHeiden

Machine Learning in Elixir B1, page 55. cannot open image

@seanmor5

I want to invert the cat image. Therefore I downloaded the file in the same folder as the livemd file for chapter 03 I created.
I use the code:


"Cat.jpg"
 |> StbImage.read_file!()
 |> StbImage.resize(256, 256)
 |> Nx.dot(invert_color_channels)
 |> Nx.as_type({:u, 8})
 |> Kino.Image.new()

returns:

** (ArgumentError) could not open file
(stb_image 0.6.2) lib/stb_image.ex:247: StbImage.read_file!/2
/path_to_folder/ch03_harness_the_power_of_math.livemd#cell:4r2dpa25qaotbzseednwllnwqlrrvd6l:8: (file)

Hope you can help me out here.

First Post!

shawn_leong

shawn_leong

Hey @sehHeiden,

That’s because StbImage.read_file!() expects an absolute path to the image file.

# Expects
StbImage.read_file!("/path/to/Cat.jpg")

Assuming it’s in the same folder as your Livebook .livemd, we’ll need to figure out the current directory relative to your .livemd & image are in.

We do that via the following:

  • __DIR__: Returns the absolute path of the directory of the current file as a binary.
  • Path.join: Joins two paths.

Putting it together

__DIR__
|> Path.join("Cat.jpg")
|> StbImage.read_file!()
|> StbImage.resize(256, 256)
|> StbImage.to_nx()
|> Nx.dot(invert_color_channels)
|> Nx.as_type({:u, 8})
|> Kino.Image.new()

That should locate the file correctly & invert the image:

Hope it helps!

Where Next?

Popular Pragmatic Bookshelf topics Top

jimschubert
In Chapter 3, the source for index introduces Config on page 31, followed by more code including tests; Config isn’t introduced until pag...
New
New
JohnS
I can’t setup the Rails source code. This happens in a working directory containing multiple (postgres) Rails apps. With: ruby-3.0.0 s...
New
rmurray10127
Title: Intuitive Python: docker run… denied error (page 2) Attempted to run the docker command in both CLI and Powershell PS C:\Users\r...
New
Chrichton
Dear Sophie. I tried to do the “Authorization” exercise and have two questions: When trying to plug in an email-service, I found the ...
New
jskubick
I think I might have found a problem involving SwitchCompat, thumbTint, and trackTint. As entered, the SwitchCompat changes color to hol...
New
jskubick
I found an issue in Chapter 7 regarding android:backgroundTint vs app:backgroundTint. How to replicate: load chapter-7 from zipfile i...
New
brunogirin
When trying to run tox in parallel as explained on page 151, I got the following error: tox: error: argument -p/–parallel: expected one...
New
AufHe
I’m a newbie to Rails 7 and have hit an issue with the bin/Dev script mentioned on pages 112-113. Iteration A1 - Seeing the list of prod...
New
jonmac
The allprojects block listed on page 245 produces the following error when syncing gradle: “org.gradle.api.GradleScriptException: A prob...
New

Other popular topics Top

PragmaticBookshelf
Stop developing web apps with yesterday’s tools. Today, developers are increasingly adopting Clojure as a web-development platform. See f...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Andy and Dave wrote this influential, classic book to help their clients create better software and rediscover the joy of coding. Almost ...
New
AstonJ
Or looking forward to? :nerd_face:
503 15149 280
New
Rainer
My first contact with Erlang was about 2 years ago when I used RabbitMQ, which is written in Erlang, for my job. This made me curious and...
New
AstonJ
I’ve been hearing quite a lot of comments relating to the sound of a keyboard, with one of the most desirable of these called ‘thock’, he...
New
Exadra37
I am asking for any distro that only has the bare-bones to be able to get a shell in the server and then just install the packages as we ...
New
DevotionGeo
I have always used antique keyboards like Cherry MX 1800 or Cherry MX 8100 and almost always have modified the switches in some way, like...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
Escape callback hell and ship fast, clean code that reads as smoothly as it runs. Squash bugs and stamp out memory leaks with an intuitiv...
New
Fl4m3Ph03n1x
Background Lately I am in a quest to find a good quality TTS ai generation tool to run locally in order to create audio for some videos I...
New
PragmaticBookshelf
As digital systems increasingly run the world, mastery of the recurring patterns of software development risk is the key to fast and effe...
New

Sub Categories: