CommunityNews
Introducing Kiro - a new agentic IDE
A new agentic IDE that works alongside you from prototype to production
Read in full here:
Most Liked
alvinkatojr
Goodness. This is coming right on the heels of Windsurf’s acquisition.
What’s interesting though is nearly most if not all of these IDEs are forks of VSCode.
Some questions:
- How long will this trend of AI IDE’s continue?
- Is it a hype train?
- What happens when the creators of the LLMs decide they want their pound of flesh?
1
TimButterfield
As one that is not a fork of VS Code, take a look at Zed (https://zed.dev/). This IDE is written from scratch in Rust and uses the API keys you provide or even local LLMs via LM Studio or Ollama.
1
andrea
I am clearly far behind. I don’t even know what this agentic IDEs do. ![]()
1
Popular Ai topics
DeepMind AI predicts incoming rainfall with high accuracy.
Having flexed its muscles in predicting kidney injury, toppling Go champions ...
New
We present Imagen, a text-to-image diffusion model with an unprecedented degree of photorealism and a deep level of language understandin...
New
Voice synthesis PR stunt calls upon the dead to help sell an AI product.
New
AlphaTensor discovers better algorithms for matrix math, inspiring another improvement from afar.
New
Klarna CEO says the company stopped hiring a year ago because AI ‘can already do all of the jobs’.
Klarna CEO Sebastian Siemiatkowski sa...
New
They are among 400 artists appealing to Sir Keir Starmer, saying creative industries are threatened.
New
Monthly fees for multi-app subscribers to rise by up to 16.7 percent.
New
Netflix said it used generative AI for the first time for a scene in an Argentinean show called “El Eternauta.”
New
With all the AI buzz around coding assistants, and being a bit concerned about being dependent on third-party cloud providers here, I dec...
New
Last week, a tweet went viral showing a guy claiming that a Cursor/Claude agent deleted his company’s production database. We watched fro...
New
Other popular topics
Brace yourself for a fun challenge: build a photorealistic 3D renderer from scratch! In just a couple of weeks, build a ray tracer that r...
New
Free and open source software is the default choice for the technologies that run our world, and it’s built and maintained by people like...
New
I know that these benchmarks might not be the exact picture of real-world scenario, but still I expect a Rust web framework performing a ...
New
Bought the Moonlander mechanical keyboard. Cherry Brown MX switches. Arms and wrists have been hurting enough that it’s time I did someth...
New
Continuing the discussion from Thinking about learning Crystal, let’s discuss - I was wondering which languages don’t GC - maybe we can c...
New
Leverage Elixir and the Nx ecosystem to build intelligent applications that solve real-world problems in computer vision, natural languag...
New
Develop, deploy, and debug BEAM applications using BEAMOps: a new paradigm that focuses on scalability, fault tolerance, and owning each ...
New
Hello,
I’m a beginner in Android development and I’m facing an issue with my project setup. In my build.gradle.kts file, I have the foll...
New
Ok, well here are some thoughts and opinions on some of the ergonomic keyboards I have, I guess like mini review of each that I use enoug...
New
Lint your docs like code: turn any style guide into enforceable rules with Vale and publish clear, consistent content every time.
...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Popular Portals
- /elixir
- /rust
- /wasm
- /ruby
- /erlang
- /phoenix
- /keyboards
- /python
- /js
- /rails
- /security
- /go
- /swift
- /vim
- /java
- /clojure
- /typescript
- /emacs
- /haskell
- /svelte
- /onivim
- /kotlin
- /react
- /c-plus-plus
- /crystal
- /tailwind
- /gleam
- /ocaml
- /elm
- /vscode
- /flutter
- /html
- /ash
- /deepseek
- /zig
- /opensuse
- /centos
- /php
- /scala
- /react-native
- /lisp
- /textmate
- /sublime-text
- /nixos
- /debian
- /agda
- /deno
- /django
- /kubuntu
- /nodejs
- /arch-linux
- /ubuntu
- /spring
- /revery
- /manjaro
- /julia
- /quarkus
- /diversity
- /lua
- /markdown









